The only way I can understand it is if the mother is in danger of her health such as a raped 12 year old. For everyone else, it doesn't make sense. You chose to have sex, you know you could get pregnant, why not take responsibility? It doesn't make sense for so many reasons, but I'll list just a few that have really boggled me and nobody has EVER answered these questions for me, just stepped around them.
1. By abortion logic, a baby doesn't count as a human until it's born, so a baby then that's in the womb may 16th isn't a baby, but if it's born may 17th then it magically turns into a person all the sudden?? Why wasn't it a person one day before? It was just as developed.
2. For babies that survive abortion(which happens all too often) they are born and alive, so how are the drs justified in killing them after that? Do they become babies if they survive abortion or should they still be killed?
3. What gives anyone the right to decide when a baby is old enough to be considered human? The heart beats very early and the brain forms early. My drs have always referred to the baby in my stomach as a baby.
4. If you chose to have sex and got pregnant, then why abort just b/c you're inconvenienced? Is it really that hard to wait 9 months and give it to a family for adoption?
5. All throughout history, when people wanted to justify killing others they'd dehumanize them such as the black slaves by making them look dumb or like criminals or how the nazis treated jews. We dehumanize babies by calling them by other words. Some abortion practices such as salt burning were created by nazis but are now used to kill babies. How do you not see that history is repeating itself by abortions?