Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Abortion Doesn't Make Sense

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

The only way I can understand it is if the mother is in danger of her health such as a raped 12 year old. For everyone else, it doesn't make sense. You chose to have sex, you know you could get pregnant, why not take responsibility? It doesn't make sense for so many reasons, but I'll list just a few that have really boggled me and nobody has EVER answered these questions for me, just stepped around them.

1. By abortion logic, a baby doesn't count as a human until it's born, so a baby then that's in the womb may 16th isn't a baby, but if it's born may 17th then it magically turns into a person all the sudden?? Why wasn't it a person one day before? It was just as developed.

2. For babies that survive abortion(which happens all too often) they are born and alive, so how are the drs justified in killing them after that? Do they become babies if they survive abortion or should they still be killed?

3. What gives anyone the right to decide when a baby is old enough to be considered human? The heart beats very early and the brain forms early. My drs have always referred to the baby in my stomach as a baby. 

4. If you chose to have sex and got pregnant, then why abort just b/c you're inconvenienced? Is it really that hard to wait 9 months and give it to a family for adoption?

5. All throughout history, when people wanted to justify killing others they'd dehumanize them such as the black slaves by making them look dumb or like criminals or how the nazis treated jews. We dehumanize babies by calling them by other words. Some abortion practices such as salt burning were created by nazis but are now used to kill babies. How do you not see that history is repeating itself by abortions?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Replies (411-420):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 14, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I'm glad to hear you're on bc and being responsible to not get pregnant if you don't want to be. I know nothing's black and white, I just feel that anything is better than killing a baby. It is sad when kids are abused. If an adult really can't handle pregnancy, doesn't want to give it up for adoption or can't handle refraining from abusing their child they shouldn't be having sex period. If they are truly that irresponsible, they need to work on themselves b4 getting involved in relationships. I don't know what the answer is...I do know I heard of a law some state's trying to pass in which the patient must go through counseling and watch abortion videos before getting an abortion. b/c some women cannot handle an abortion and go nuts after having one. I think that law would be helpful. And I know abortion will never be illegal...but I think they should be a lot stricter like not having our tax dollars go towards it and to make stricter policies on what abortion clinics can and can't do. This guy in phile was committing felony after felony year after year...where were the inspections???? 3 women and thousands of babies had to die, tons of women contracted stds, before they'd actually investigate years of reports of abuse. No one should be having a late term abortion....and they need to crack down on the places performing them and take the drs licenses that are doing them.

Quoting VannaMae307:

There are thousands of children in foster care right now, there are also children born that aren't "wanted" or "planned" so they endure starvation, abuse, molestation, and who knows what else. Is that REALLY a better option? Birth all the unwanted babies and let them be treated like shit? Or end the process before it has a chance to endure that kind of pain and suffering? It's not always a matter of a married mother saying "Aw man, we'll have a bigger grocery bill", it could be someone who is already being abused and bringing a child into it will create a 2nd victim. Not everything is black and white.

Pro choice does not equal pro abortion, I am glad women are able to have it safely and legally done if they truly cannot take care of another child, whether it be for selfish or "legit" reasons. I have never had one myself, I have 2 forms of birth control at all times so I am doing my end of the deal in preventing an unwanted pregnancy. Everyone else's business is not mine.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Abortion is highly regulated.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm glad to hear you're on bc and being responsible to not get pregnant if you don't want to be. I know nothing's black and white, I just feel that anything is better than killing a baby. It is sad when kids are abused. If an adult really can't handle pregnancy, doesn't want to give it up for adoption or can't handle refraining from abusing their child they shouldn't be having sex period. If they are truly that irresponsible, they need to work on themselves b4 getting involved in relationships. I don't know what the answer is...I do know I heard of a law some state's trying to pass in which the patient must go through counseling and watch abortion videos before getting an abortion. b/c some women cannot handle an abortion and go nuts after having one. I think that law would be helpful. And I know abortion will never be illegal...but I think they should be a lot stricter like not having our tax dollars go towards it and to make stricter policies on what abortion clinics can and can't do. This guy in phile was committing felony after felony year after year...where were the inspections???? 3 women and thousands of babies had to die, tons of women contracted stds, before they'd actually investigate years of reports of abuse. No one should be having a late term abortion....and they need to crack down on the places performing them and take the drs licenses that are doing them.

Quoting VannaMae307:

There are thousands of children in foster care right now, there are also children born that aren't "wanted" or "planned" so they endure starvation, abuse, molestation, and who knows what else. Is that REALLY a better option? Birth all the unwanted babies and let them be treated like shit? Or end the process before it has a chance to endure that kind of pain and suffering? It's not always a matter of a married mother saying "Aw man, we'll have a bigger grocery bill", it could be someone who is already being abused and bringing a child into it will create a 2nd victim. Not everything is black and white.

Pro choice does not equal pro abortion, I am glad women are able to have it safely and legally done if they truly cannot take care of another child, whether it be for selfish or "legit" reasons. I have never had one myself, I have 2 forms of birth control at all times so I am doing my end of the deal in preventing an unwanted pregnancy. Everyone else's business is not mine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 14, 2013 at 2:21 PM

lol that's the common theme among pro-choice...denial, saying one thing and then taking it back later, answering in ways that are not relevent to what you were asking, ect. lol. they keep saying i'm wrong b/c if a woman's life is in danger she should get an abortion...which i NEVER said anything against. they've said so many times that a baby is not a baby, then deny it 5 minutes later...sigh. when someone's determined to not see the truth not much you can do. 

Quoting harehelper:

This is the second time you have quoted me, and the second time that your arguments have almost nothing to do with what I actually said.

Quoting Firebolt:

Except that a pregnant woman's life is endangered. Maternal death rates in the US maternal death rate is on the rise and currently sits at 24 in 100,000. The penalty for sex should not be death. A fetus is not a sentient being, two people cannot occupy the same body and maintain equal rights. The sentient being takes precedence. Your argument that it is merely an inconvience, is gross at best and detrimental to women at face value. There are many women that cannot continue their normal lives while pregnant.

Quoting harehelper:

I have often been told that a fetus is "nothing more than a clump of cells" actually. I have also been told that it isn't a baby until birth, and never before.

I can understand that "giving up" nine months of your life would be a serious hassle. But a) you aren't giving up nine months, I know I wasn't housebound or anything when I was pregnant. You just get awkward the last couple of months, LOL. And b) If you made the choice to have sex, then you made the choice to gamble on getting pregnant. if you simply CANNOT handle getting pregnant for any reason, then you shouldn't be having sex. That is just personal responsibility.

Quoting Anonymous:

A fetus is human, I have NEVER seen anyone say otherwise. However, there is a difference between a born human with rights and a fetus. Many people consider a fetus a "baby" when it reaches the point of viability.

I don't know how often you think it happens, but more than half of the abortions that are performed are done before week 9. The next biggest number are done before 12 weeks - a fetus at this point has zero chances of survival. Late term abortions account for less than 1% of the abortions that are done, and that is when the fetus is viable.

No one is arguing that a fetus is not human. However, it does not have personhood. Your doctors may have referred to your baby as a baby, others refer to it as a fetus. My doctor referred to it as a fetus up until a week or two before my due date.

For some it is hard to give up nine months. I know I would not want to give up my body for nine months just so another person can take it. Also, do you really believe that adoption is that easy? If there are thousands of people waiting to adopt, and thousands of kids waiting to be adopted, why are there so many still in foster homes?

Easy. A born human =/= a fetus. Slaves and Jews don't depend on one person for all of their care. They can take care of themselves, and they can be taken care of by anyone. A fetus cannot get support from anyone but it's host, until it is born.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 14, 2013 at 2:23 PM

If that is true why are late term abortions happening all over the country? Are they just looking the other way and passing clinics through or are they not doing the inspections?

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting VannaMae307:

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on May. 14, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Feel free to find reliable vetted statistics on late term abortion.

Thanks.

Quoting Anonymous:

If that is true why are late term abortions happening all over the country? Are they just looking the other way and passing clinics through or are they not doing the inspections?

Quoting Momniscient:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting VannaMae307:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 14, 2013 at 2:55 PM

So, if you choose to have sex and get the clap should you not take antibiotics? Those bacteria are alive, you know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 14, 2013 at 3:35 PM

so now babies are compared to not just parasites and insects, but diseases too. nice

Quoting Anonymous:

So, if you choose to have sex and get the clap should you not take antibiotics? Those bacteria are alive, you know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2013 at 2:22 PM

i cant keep my beliefs straight for five minutes,go fuck yourself!  ive had the same beliefs for almost 40 years you ignorant twit!                     IVE NEVER HEARD ANYONE SAY THOSE THINGS YOU BELIEVE WHAT U WANT TO BELIEVE APPARENTLY SO UR A WASTE OF TIMEQuoting Anonymous:

I got it from the mouths of many pro choicers I've talked to..i've heard them say it's not a baby a million times. i find it really hard to believe you haven't heard that. you must close your ears and hum when people talk. It's always the same with prochoicers....denial, denial, denial. It's so ridiculous. Pro choicers spit out things like it's a lump, it's a ball of tissue, it's a parasite, then 5 minutes later deny they said that. They say that's not a real person, it has no feelings, can't think, ect. when it clearly has a brain on the sonogram and proven by doctors to react strongly to tests.  then later the prochoicers i like we never said it's not a person...i've seen it numerous times in this group alone. i've heard prochoicers offline say it to others around me so many times i can't count. always changing what they say left and right. it's not my prob if yall can't keep your beliefs straight for more than 5 minutes.

Quoting Anonymous:

you just proved my point u truly are an imbecile no prochoice person ive ever met thinks a sonogram of a baby isnt a baby,nor do they think its ok to kill a living baby after its born,nor do they think a baby they day before its born is not a baby! ecery single thing u said in ur post about prochoice people is not even what prochoice people think! thats what makes u a dumbass idio! were did u get that moronic crap from! dont ever fucken claim to speak for what i as a prochoice person believes because u are so far off its not even funny, moron

Quoting Anonymous:

Typical...instead of actually adding something productive to the conversation, you just start calling me names like dumb. I am more mature than any of you that can't take the courage to keep your own babies, so don't start with immaturity. Being dumb is looking at a sonogram in 2013 and saying it's not a real baby...

Quoting Anonymous:

you are truly one of the dumbest people i have seen on here are YOU twelve?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 15, 2013 at 2:27 PM

i love the way the antichoicers on this post are speaking for the prochoicers telling them how they think and feel absolutely fucking ridiculous they dont want to argue the facts on what was really said so they make it up and argue against what was never said how pathetic what a bunch of friggan liars

supercarp
by on May. 15, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Is this the same post as the other day? Do we have to repeat ourselves or can you learn?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)