Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

depressed over Mother's Day

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
Idk since Mother's Day has been getting closer I get upset about it my son is four months old and the best gift I could ever ask for but there's just so much stress that I don't feel like a mom. I don't feel like anything like I've been forgotten like no one remembers me and I know I sound bitchy needy and crabby but I wish it could be an amazing day like my bf sets up a picnic somewhere and we go out with our son and take family pictures outside. I'd like that. But I know it will end up a day of laundry and house cleaning my mother bitching that her gift isn't good enough and my grandmother lecturing me over how ill dress my son (it's the same every time I see her). Just like I wish someone would remember me for something more then negativity.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 10, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Teary bump
scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I am so sorry you are feeling this way. How about not see your mother and grandmother? Why don't you make it a day you would like to have?

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on May. 10, 2013 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Create your own memories.  Skip hanging with your mother and your grandmother and go enjoy the day with your son.  If they're going to bitch at you anyway, you may as well have had a good time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 2:34 PM

So sorry you feel that way.  Maybe don't go see mother and grandmother.  And if your bf won't set up a picnic, pack your own and enjoy the day at the park with your son.  Happy Mother's Day!! :)

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 10, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Tell your bf you are doing the picnic. Skip going to see your mother if all they will do is complain.

imamombygrace
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2013 at 2:37 PM
I'm sorry. I get what you are saying and judt want to be appreciated. There's nothing wrong with that.

Maybe you can make plans for a picnic and get your SO/kiddo to come along. I know he didn't plan it, but your still getting family time and it may motivate him to do it again sometime.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)