Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This might be cold and heartless...but he isn't my problem anymore

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

My exdh is an alcoholic.  It is extremely bad.  He is never not drunk.  He passes out drunk and wakes up drunk and drinks some more.  He is also into drugs.  I couldn't deal with it after rehab failed on more than one occasion, after he spent bill money, after being busted for cocaine, and so much more.

He is now living with his mom at almost 40.  She called to complain about his drinking.  Ya think?  i have been telling you how bad it is for over a year.  You wanted to ignore it.  But here is the kicker..  he has no car and no license.  She is buying the alcohol for him.  She is taking him to get drugs.  WHY?  Because he is violent off of them. 

Oh and did I mention he is on probation?  So glad he isn't my problem anymore.  I did what I could.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Emerald Member on May. 10, 2013 at 2:33 PM
You're right it's not your problem anymore. His PO should violate him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on May. 10, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Yep. Not your problem anymore. Thank god.
daughteroftruth
by on May. 10, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

if she is enabling him, she has no reason to call and bitch to you about it.

I thought you get drug tested while on probation? 

MamaFLgurl
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 2:35 PM

This is the future I see for my friend. She is dating ( and planning to marry) an alcoholic and enables him.  :/

12345abcde54321
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 2:35 PM

what a fab mother she is  :-\

happinessforyou
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Make a "concerned" call to his parole officer and have him picked up. Or she should. Tough love might help him, but buying his $hit for him is not helping him. (obviously) ;(

EvaTheDiva29
by on May. 10, 2013 at 2:36 PM

gaw, i couldn't do it either. and i would feel the same

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 2:36 PM

"I'm sorry (insert ex MIL's name), we are divorced now, and I really don't want to know his personal business unless it affects the kids.   I love keeping in touch with you, but I don't really want to hear all about his issues.  It's not fair if I keep hearing all of this negative stuff about him because he IS afterall, the father of my kids."

lancet98
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Call his probation officer and tell the PO that he is violent when he is not drinking or drugging, and that you threw him out.   He is staying with his mother, she is buying him alcohol and driving him to his drug dealer.

Tell mommy to stop enabling him and throw him out.   She's helping him a little too much.   It's called 'being an enabler'.

He's broke his probation in too many ways to count.

If he is refusing help, the only possible help he can get is if the authorities force him to go through detox and AA.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 2:37 PM

For better or worse? Anyone? Anyone?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)