Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i yelled at my 4 yr old for peeing her pants. EDIT IN RED

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 4:07 PM
  • 125 Replies

i feel really bad about it but im at the point where i am just so unbelievably fristrated with potty training. YES MY 4 YR OLD ISNT POTTY TRAINED.

Ive been trying for 2 yrs to potty train her and nothing. 

ill ask her if she has to go, she will tell me no. i take her to the bathroom anyways and sit her on the toilet and she still doesnt go, but will right after she will go into her room and pee on the floor or her bed. im going to have to hand wash her panties because she is going through them so quickly and i dont have money to do laundry.  I know she has enough control that she can go on the toilet but she chooses not to. i dont know how to deal with a 4 yr old that wont use the toilet. 

i reward her when she does go but i can probably count on 2 hand the amount of times shes used the toilet.

im really at a loss

It's been almost 3 days and she has had maybe 3 accidents. She's been in only panties during the day and has been doing well. She is realizing we are not putting her in diapers anymore other than at bedtime and is going into the bathroom on her own. No pooping on the toilet yet but we will get there.

by on May. 10, 2013 at 4:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on May. 10, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Did she just turn four?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 4:11 PM

My 3 year old ODS just regressed. It sucks. Weird thing is... he'll go potty in the bathroom for me.. but if Daddy or Aunt and Uncle are home... he pees and poops his underwear. We were out of the house from 1:30pm until almost Midnight last night... no accidents. I am at a loss as well. 

I always ask him to go try... so maybe you can get her to go try. I ask about every hour but if he has been drinking or eating, I ask right after he finishes or about 20 minutes later.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 4:11 PM
6 moms liked this

YOU, yes You,go to the toilet now. I insist. If fact I demand you go for a pee right now.

Did it work? Did you go, why not?! Damn you for not peeing on command like a dog!

Offended yet? Pissed off at me? Now you know what your daughter feels like.

You need to go back to the basics again because what you are doing is clearly not working.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 4:13 PM

I waited until my dd gave me HER ready signs, not by my standards of when I thought she should be ready. Maybe she isn't ready yet.

momof2girls220
by on May. 10, 2013 at 4:16 PM

she did in february

Quoting TurtleMomma82:

Did she just turn four?

momof2girls220
by on May. 10, 2013 at 4:17 PM

whenever i ask her she always tells me no

Quoting Anonymous:

My 3 year old ODS just regressed. It sucks. Weird thing is... he'll go potty in the bathroom for me.. but if Daddy or Aunt and Uncle are home... he pees and poops his underwear. We were out of the house from 1:30pm until almost Midnight last night... no accidents. I am at a loss as well. 

I always ask him to go try... so maybe you can get her to go try. I ask about every hour but if he has been drinking or eating, I ask right after he finishes or about 20 minutes later.

Kool_Aide
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Just hang in there. Maybe you should change the awards to something bigger like ice cream, or mommy/daughter date after one successful week.

mommy2alissa
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I think at 5 they concider it a developmental delay. I would talk to her doctor 

Mittenmommie
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2013 at 4:18 PM
Oh do I feel your pain... My ds refused to poop on the potty. He pees on it, he has pooped on it but lately would rather poop in his underwear and then lie about it. His doc says it can be part of his ADHD, but I am not buying it. He is just plain out refusing and I am at my wits end. And being pregnant doesn't help, I scream, I cry and totally feel like it will never happen and he is going to be 15 shitting his pants... Oh the joys of toilets and children.....
Hope you get it worked out soon! Good Luck
momof2girls220
by on May. 10, 2013 at 4:19 PM

im not forcing her to go. if she tells me she doesnt have to i say " why dont we go try"  i dont talk to my daughter like that, today was different because i was overly frustrated. she OBVIOUSLY has to go if she immediately goes and pisses on her bedroom floor after.

Quoting Anonymous:

YOU, yes You,go to the toilet now. I insist. If fact I demand you go for a pee right now.

Did it work? Did you go, why not?! Damn you for not peeing on command like a dog!

Offended yet? Pissed off at me? Now you know what your daughter feels like.

You need to go back to the basics again because what you are doing is clearly not working.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)