Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you so if you saw your neighbors kids playing outside and left home alone at ages 3 and 5?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 137 Replies
Lots will say report it right? But after thinking about it...I have let my 2(almost 3)&5 year old play outside by themselves (for 5,10minutes at a time) so whats the difference really if I'm in the house, going to the bathroom or cooking lunch ext. Compared to I ran to the corner store for milk for 15 minutes.
After thinking on it a bit more I might watch the children for a bit but I would not report it. Seems a real waste of cps time?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spunky946
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2013 at 4:48 PM
I would watch a bit before making a call l
leavinglasvegas
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 4:48 PM
1 mom liked this

If something happens to them - you are home to tend to them. If you are out, you are not. And what if you got into a car accident - home alone for the rest of their lives. Hope they know to call someone once it gets dark and mama hasn't come home yet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 4:48 PM
14 moms liked this
Too little to be left outside unattended. So are your kids by the way...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 4:49 PM
2 moms liked this

I'd call the police and stay outside so i can watch them until the authorities arrive

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Are you sure they are being left alone?

My kids have played outside with minimal supervision for years. But its not ok to leave them alone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 4:50 PM
My boys are 3 & 5 and they play outside alone. I would never leave the house with them outside, or inside for that matter, but I see no problem with kids playing outdoors.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 10, 2013 at 4:50 PM
My children are perfectly fine. Thanks for your concern.

Quoting Anonymous:

Too little to be left outside unattended. So are your kids by the way...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 4:51 PM
2 moms liked this

I hope I read that wrong... did you REALLY say there's no difference between running to the bathroom and running to the store?!?!!??! Um... YEAH, there's a BIG difference! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 4:51 PM
2 moms liked this

Stupid, So is 2 and 5 outside togeather alone.... get a brain people

kdjdod081013
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Call the police. I let my kids play outside in my locked, fenced back yard only if I can see and hear them from my living room while I clean. They come in if I leave my living room for any reason.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured