Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I should not have Spanked my six yr old

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Picked him from school he was mad bc he missed the field trip for perfect attendance. So he runs off almost in the street. I talk to him. Then we walk closer my car and he bolts in the street again. Car slammed on their brakes. Ok then I am pissed. I manage to get In the car keep my cool. Drive 3 min home. Then he gets a time out right away. Okay moving. On I make him a sandwich and milk for snack. I come into my room where he eats and watches a show. He threw half the milk in the hallway and then the other in the sink All over the kitchen. I got mad. I bent him over my bed I spanked his clothed bottom 3 times. I told him no tball and he got a quick shower. And he needs In his room til dark. Then stories and bed. I could have done this all without hitting him. I'm done spanking. Feel guilty when I need energy to manage this hand full
Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Replies (261-270):
dcs2187
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 7:13 PM

WOW Are you serious? I don't think that people who spank their kids are "beating" them. Its called dicipline and it all depends on the child. It also depends on the parent, some feel guilty and dont do it again and others think it works. To each their own. Theres no need to say she is beating her son. Rude.

Quoting Anonymous:

Find a better way to deal with your anger than beating on your son.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2013 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this
my mom nor i beleive in spanking i am 34 years old and i turned out fine you hit only to get your point across and that makes you a good parent please dont make me laugh
karlamousse4
by on May. 11, 2013 at 7:20 PM
First of all, she did not beat him. The point of spanking is not to hurt them and im sure if her son was crying after she did it, it was not because it hurt, it was because he was ashamed and and felt bad because mommy usually doesnt get that mad, which is the point. My parents spanked me (only when I did something that scared them or was very bad) and I dont remember it ever hurting that bad, I just cried because I couldnt believe my mom was that angry, I then took her seriously and never did it again. I have heard of many parents hitting there child in the face or head hard and that is not ok. She didnt do that, she handled the situation the way she saw fit. And instead of just hitting w out thinking, she stopped, turned him around and hit his little booty, the softest squishiest most painless part on the body lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2013 at 7:23 PM
Were you addressing me or OP? I thought the spank was okay.

Quoting Entm2010:

I dont feel those spankings were undeserved. He ran out in front of a car and then threw a tantrum. If he learned I'm not gonna run out in front of a car so mommy doesn't spank me do you really consider that a parenting fail? He could have been fatally injured doing that.

Quoting mem82:

I think that deserved a spanking. 3 smacks on the clothed butt isn't bad. Next time if you want to avoid spanking, have him clean it up before he sat in his room.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Absolutely disgusting!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Spanking your child is not a bad thing, you only spanked him 3 times. Did he learn his lesson. If so, than spanking wasn't a bad idea. I was spanked as a child when I did wrong, my kids were spanked when they were young when they did wrong. It only hurts for a little bit, but most kids grow up respecting their parents more than children do today if they are just given a time out or told they can't do something they really want to do.

eclaudin
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 7:28 PM
That's ridiculous. You know what the original poster meant. There is a BIG difference between beating a child and a mild spanking. And if I were in her shoes, I would have done the same thing. He was endangering his own life which calls for firm action that he will remember. I was hit by a car when I was 13, and I can assure you that hurts a lot more than any spanking I ever got.

Quoting Anonymous:

Backtracking is more effective when you edit your original post. You admitted to hitting him three times in your OP. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I am dealing with b him running in the street. When that happened. I took literally ten deep breaths. And I did not beat him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2013 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh get over it. Your precious little snowflake might actually think twice next time. Good lord this is the problem with kids these days. Parents are too soft to actually discipline. I use spanking when it is called for. I don't beat them. Swatting them a couple of times is not going to kill them and it's not going to put them in therapy for the rest of their lives. Grow a set and discipline your kids or they will walk all over you. 

cbg71411
by on May. 11, 2013 at 7:32 PM
I do & will continue to SPANK my children, not beat. I was beaten. There is a HUGE difference. Honestly, you went through & took all steps b4 SPANKING. I applaud your patience & strength. And don't be so hard on yourself. You are trying to protect & teach. Good job for that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Sometimes a boy needs a good spanking at that age.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)