Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I should not have Spanked my six yr old

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Picked him from school he was mad bc he missed the field trip for perfect attendance. So he runs off almost in the street. I talk to him. Then we walk closer my car and he bolts in the street again. Car slammed on their brakes. Ok then I am pissed. I manage to get In the car keep my cool. Drive 3 min home. Then he gets a time out right away. Okay moving. On I make him a sandwich and milk for snack. I come into my room where he eats and watches a show. He threw half the milk in the hallway and then the other in the sink All over the kitchen. I got mad. I bent him over my bed I spanked his clothed bottom 3 times. I told him no tball and he got a quick shower. And he needs In his room til dark. Then stories and bed. I could have done this all without hitting him. I'm done spanking. Feel guilty when I need energy to manage this hand full
Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 10, 2013 at 7:45 PM
He thinks it's funny. He goes mom your lame a car would never hit me. He is six. And would rather test me :(

Quoting chalisa0:

I don't (didn't-my kids are now late teens, lol) spank, but I would if my kid dared to run in the street.  I wouldn't even feel bad about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 10, 2013 at 7:45 PM
7 moms liked this

His school has a field trip for perfect attendance?   That's the first thing I'd have a HUGE issue with.   And he's 6...and this is the first time you've spanked him?  Or just the first time you've felt guilty about it??    I think you're over-reacting.   His behavior SUCKS for a 6-year-old.   Obviously, time-outs aren't working.  

1likeme
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 7:46 PM
6 moms liked this
I would have spanked him too. I don't think you need to feel bad about it. At the same time he is to old to be behaving that way. What type of punishment do you usually use?
MamaFLgurl
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 7:47 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't see why you should feel guilt. You didn't do anything wrong. What he did deserves a spanking.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 10, 2013 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I swear I read Spanxed, and I was about to fully agree with you. But I guess I agree with you anyway, I don't really believe in spanking. But it's done, so don't worry about it. He did something he shouldn't have done, and he's plenty old enough to know better than to throw his food all over the house. It's hard when the kids act up after you're already frustrated and stressed from other things. Just move forward :)

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2013 at 7:48 PM
I would have spanked him also
jadsmummy
by on May. 10, 2013 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
You spanked him you didn't assault him.
baquick
by Ruby Member on May. 10, 2013 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this
I would have spanked him too
rphardwick
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2013 at 7:51 PM

In your shoes I probably would have spanked too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 10, 2013 at 7:52 PM
I have spanked about five times his whole life. I don't think it's the best solution. Time outs sometimes work. He is very bright and he can be wl behaved. But sometimes he is a punk. That's why I took away g all bc I'm going to try something new The field trip. I don't have the rules.

Quoting Anonymous:

His school has a field trip for perfect attendance?   That's the first thing I'd have a HUGE issue with.   And he's 6...and this is the first time you've spanked him?  Or just the first time you've felt guilty about it??    I think you're over-reacting.   His behavior SUCKS for a 6-year-old.   Obviously, time-outs aren't working.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)