Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I should not have Spanked my six yr old

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Picked him from school he was mad bc he missed the field trip for perfect attendance. So he runs off almost in the street. I talk to him. Then we walk closer my car and he bolts in the street again. Car slammed on their brakes. Ok then I am pissed. I manage to get In the car keep my cool. Drive 3 min home. Then he gets a time out right away. Okay moving. On I make him a sandwich and milk for snack. I come into my room where he eats and watches a show. He threw half the milk in the hallway and then the other in the sink All over the kitchen. I got mad. I bent him over my bed I spanked his clothed bottom 3 times. I told him no tball and he got a quick shower. And he needs In his room til dark. Then stories and bed. I could have done this all without hitting him. I'm done spanking. Feel guilty when I need energy to manage this hand full
Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 10, 2013 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

You didn't beat him, you spanked him.  He sounds like he needed a spanking,  Sometimes we spank as a last resort. Sounds like that is where you were today with all his behavior. Ignore the haters.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 10, 2013 at 7:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Bc the spanking didn't even upset him. I could have sent him to his room and taken away tball. And no spankjng

Quoting MamaFLgurl:

I don't see why you should feel guilt. You didn't do anything wrong. What he did deserves a spanking.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 10, 2013 at 7:55 PM
My 5 and 2 yo know better than to run into the street. I think a 6 yo should know better too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 10, 2013 at 7:56 PM
2 moms liked this

Backtracking is more effective when you edit your original post. You admitted to hitting him three times in your OP. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I am dealing with b him running in the street. When that happened. I took literally ten deep breaths. And I did not beat him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Find a better way to deal with your anger than beating on your son.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 10, 2013 at 7:57 PM
Makes me sad he acts out so much. Arg
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on May. 10, 2013 at 7:58 PM
2 moms liked this
Sounds like he needed a few more spankings before now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 10, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Okay I beat him. You happy

Quoting Anonymous:

Backtracking is more effective when you edit your original post. You admitted to hitting him three times in your OP. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I am dealing with b him running in the street. When that happened. I took literally ten deep breaths. And I did not beat him.

Quoting Anonymous:

Find a better way to deal with your anger than beating on your son.

Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on May. 10, 2013 at 7:59 PM

I would have spanked him too.  Running out into the road is inappropriate and deserves a spanking, IMO, and we don't spank ourselves.  That's not something to play around with and seriously needs working on.  Also.. why do you allow him to eat in your room?  That's disgusting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on May. 10, 2013 at 7:59 PM
6 moms liked this

He needed a good ass beating. 

Bet he wont run into the road again huh? 

Too many softey parents these days DONT spank their kids. we need a few good ones for our future. 

BaronSamedi
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Spanking is fine.  It is sometimes very necessary.  High standards of obedience are very good.  Although I would not have told him any stories and many of my friends related if they behaved like that they would have gone to bed with out dinner.    He has to learn that actions have consequences. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN