Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I should not have Spanked my six yr old

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Picked him from school he was mad bc he missed the field trip for perfect attendance. So he runs off almost in the street. I talk to him. Then we walk closer my car and he bolts in the street again. Car slammed on their brakes. Ok then I am pissed. I manage to get In the car keep my cool. Drive 3 min home. Then he gets a time out right away. Okay moving. On I make him a sandwich and milk for snack. I come into my room where he eats and watches a show. He threw half the milk in the hallway and then the other in the sink All over the kitchen. I got mad. I bent him over my bed I spanked his clothed bottom 3 times. I told him no tball and he got a quick shower. And he needs In his room til dark. Then stories and bed. I could have done this all without hitting him. I'm done spanking. Feel guilty when I need energy to manage this hand full
Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Replies (31-40):
ska252
by Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I am sorry. I, too, have a strong willed child. It is really hard.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 10, 2013 at 8:04 PM
I guess I never thought it gross. He has a small table And chair I have his shows TiVo in their. We only have one tv

Quoting Abby.N.Amys.Mom:

I would have spanked him too.  Running out into the road is inappropriate and deserves a spanking, IMO, and we don't spank ourselves.  That's not something to play around with and seriously needs working on.  Also.. why do you allow him to eat in your room?  That's disgusting.

hellokitty7594
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this
he needed a spanking. u did the right thing.
countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:07 PM

I honestly would have spanked him too.  Good luck.

lovemymini
by Emerald Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:08 PM
5 moms liked this

The only thing I would have done differently is spanked him when he initial tried to run into the street.   At 6 years old he should know better! I for the most part do time outs (my son has a 'time-out' tile).  For certain things a spanking is appropriate. A good rule to follow is if you are angry don't spank! Take a break first and then do it..  

And no I'm not going anon because I feel there is a HUGE difference between spanking a child and beating them.

Dreamweaver_46
by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:09 PM
I'm old school I would have spanked him and not thought twice about it . I don't think your bad .
gcstar42
by Gold Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Don't feel so guilty mama. You did what you felt was best/neccessary at the time. In all honesty with that type of behavior I would probably do the same thing. Does he always act like that or just having a bad day? If it is something that happens a lot I would be worried about bigger issues. That seems more like toddler/young child behavior than a 6 yr olds. My 3 1/2 yr old still acts like that pretty often, and I am honestly getting worried that there is something wrong with her. My other 2 kids (ages 5 and almost 7) quit that behavior much earlier and were never that bad to start with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on May. 10, 2013 at 8:13 PM

He would have had a spanking when he ran into the road. As for the milk mess he woulds have cleaned it up had his bath and went to bed with nothing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on May. 10, 2013 at 8:19 PM
2 moms liked this
If you think that's beating, you're delusional.

Quoting Anonymous:

Find a better way to deal with your anger than beating on your son.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 10, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Actually 80% of parents admit to spanking their kids, so SPANKING DOES NOT WORK. Get it through your thick skulls. If it worked so well this generation of kids would be damn near perfect right?

Quoting Anonymous:

He needed a good ass beating. 

Bet he wont run into the road again huh? 

Too many softey parents these days DONT spank their kids. we need a few good ones for our future. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)