Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I should not have Spanked my six yr old

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Picked him from school he was mad bc he missed the field trip for perfect attendance. So he runs off almost in the street. I talk to him. Then we walk closer my car and he bolts in the street again. Car slammed on their brakes. Ok then I am pissed. I manage to get In the car keep my cool. Drive 3 min home. Then he gets a time out right away. Okay moving. On I make him a sandwich and milk for snack. I come into my room where he eats and watches a show. He threw half the milk in the hallway and then the other in the sink All over the kitchen. I got mad. I bent him over my bed I spanked his clothed bottom 3 times. I told him no tball and he got a quick shower. And he needs In his room til dark. Then stories and bed. I could have done this all without hitting him. I'm done spanking. Feel guilty when I need energy to manage this hand full
Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 7:28 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 10, 2013 at 8:55 PM
It's assault on a child.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you think that's beating, you're delusional.

Quoting Anonymous:

Find a better way to deal with your anger than beating on your son.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on May. 10, 2013 at 8:58 PM
I would have beat his ass the first time he darted off. I wouldn't feel bad about it either. My kids dare not act like that.
brandydesiree
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not a big spanker, but you held off longer than me. When my DS who is also six runs out into the road and puts his life in danger, he WILL get spanked.

I spank for fear of God offenses... Running out into the road is one of them.
ajrjj05
by on May. 10, 2013 at 9:03 PM

That school is stupid. Leaving a child out of fun cause they misssed some school?!  How many days did he miss

Kmary
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2013 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not a spanker, but I don't hink you should beat yourself up over this.  I commend you for re-thinking it and looking for alternatives.  While I don't agree with spanking in general, I also don't think your child is going to be scarred because he has received some spankings in his life,  you know?  We were spanked a little as children and I'm not damaged or scarred from it.  I don't think it's effective parenting, but no lasting harm done.  Learn from it and move on.  He'll be fine and so will you :-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on May. 10, 2013 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with spanking a child. I had a similar situation with one of the grandchildren we were raising. She just wouldn't listen to me about being to close to the road. So I spanked her. (I'd rather her be spanked than flattened under a car, any day). They'll come running back sooner or later, and you'll find out that they'll appreciate you for caring so much for your child. As long as it's not done in anger and you've tried everything else, umpteen times. Then spanking is a necessity. God Bless You for caring.

Lilcountrygrl86
by Amber on May. 10, 2013 at 9:12 PM
5 moms liked this
She did NOT "beat" her son!
If you don't know the difference between spanking and beating you are an idiot.
I swear, people bitch no matter what.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 10, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Thank you for the postive comments. He passed out. I hope tommorow is a better day.
ihave1
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 10:41 PM

sometimes kids need that

ajdahd13
by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Assault is illegal, spanking is not. 

Quoting Anonymous:

It's assault on a child.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you think that's beating, you're delusional.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)