Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

YES! I have my land lord by the balls now!!!

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:20 PM
  • 148 Replies
10 moms liked this

Well, not litterally, since she is a woman. I was over looking my tenants rights, since she wants to be a raving bitch and say my home is dirty. It's not by the way. According to Massachusetts state law she MUST put our security deposit in an interest bearing account within 30 days of receiving it, then she MUST supply us with a receipt stating the banks name, address, account number and amount deposited. I am entitled to IMMEDIATE return of my security deposit, plus 5% accrued interest, if the landlord fails to deposit the money into a seperate, interest bearing account, OR if they failed to provide me a receipt within 30 days. I have lived here for 6 months and haven't gotten crap. And the same law states she can't keep ANY portion of my deposit if she hasn't put it in an account, not even for damages (not that there is any). SWEET!

by on May. 10, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on May. 10, 2013 at 8:46 PM
15 moms liked this

Yep, just found she owes me 3 times my deposit. AND she was in violation for entering my home without setting up a mutually agreed upon time. 

MommyO2-6631
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this
*high five*
Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on May. 10, 2013 at 8:49 PM

YAY! Lol! 

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

*high five*

msalice_21
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Fuck yes!!! Her and get lawyer husband can suck on that! Good job!
Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on May. 10, 2013 at 8:52 PM
20 moms liked this

I have to legally write a letter and enclose a copy of the Massachusetts laws with highlighted passages. I asked DH if it was appropriate to put this picture at the end.

Quoting msalice_21:

Fuck yes!!! Her and get lawyer husband can suck on that! Good job!

msalice_21
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Omg! Lmao!!! She fucked with the wrong tenant!! So glad you did some research and found some good news. Maybe that bitch will think twice before she plays games

Quoting Mrs.Torres2566:

Mrs.Torres2566
by Mrs.T on May. 10, 2013 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I know right? I don't roll over and take it, especially NOT from a bully landlord and her lawyer husband. I suppose they expected us to just sit around and be like "guess we should do whatever they say."

Quoting msalice_21:

Omg! Lmao!!! She fucked with the wrong tenant!! So glad you did some research and found some good news. Maybe that bitch will think twice before she plays games

Quoting Mrs.Torres2566:

msalice_21
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 9:00 PM

A lot of landlords will pull shit like that. And lawyers like to use their job to intimidate. I hate lawyers. I've hot two at the moment and I dont really like either one too much.

Quoting Mrs.Torres2566:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 9:02 PM
4 moms liked this
Good luck. Lol. It's not as simple as that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Why would you be entitled to it right away? You do know the purpose of a security deposit right?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)