Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

dh grounded me from the car ***update added info

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

because i went to the store and parked to close to the curb. when i was leaving i ripped the bumper off his bmw. i had to drive home with it in the trunk. thank god his dad fixed it!

UPDATE

I am no troll 

I dont think he was being serious when he said I was grounded but he was really mad when i happened. 

I did drive it again today he just said to please be careful

I do plan on getting my own van, suv or wagon soon. 

I have never had any other issue while driving. i have been driving for 10 years. I have never even gotten a ticket! all the ladies saying i should learn to drive can you say that? think before you judge! 

The BMW sits VERY low

Posted by Anonymous on May. 10, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Replies (211-220):
da808gypsy
by Silver Member on May. 15, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Did you post anon so we won't know your a bad driver? Lol
tennisgal
by on May. 15, 2013 at 1:12 AM

aww...that stinks!! Luckily FIL was able to fix it! My DH would have been annoyed at me for doing something so silly. 

eleni1010
by on May. 15, 2013 at 11:58 AM

lol i broke the clip of the bumper on my parents minivan when i just got my license. My mom was in the car with me she said "shit happens, just try to remember the bumper is low in front!" my uncle (mechanic) replaced the clip.

I just want to add my opinion on the ppl who are asking how you managed to rip a bumper off a car by parking too close. clearly they never saw a BMW let alone DROVE one!! if they ever had they would know how low it sits and how dangerous some parking lot concrete barrier thingys are!! I've seen tons, never driven one. I did have a nissan sentra that was super low (about 8 inch clearance in front) and I broke a couple of clips that hold the bumper on that car too. my boyfriend (now husband) fixed it for me!!

shit happens at least you didn't rip it to pieces. and it's fixed! :-)

massconfusion14
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:03 PM

I scrape my own car all the time.. I drive a 2005 honda civic. When my Mom and I were driving on a trip for 4th of July, I was about 7 hours from my house when we start hearing this scraping noise every time we hit a hump in the interstate. I freak out, take the next exit and pull over.. well from how many times I have scraped the bumper on the little stoppers in parking lots, it had started to tear and my mom had to rig it up so we could continue lol

xoxRachelxox
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

lol, mine would have said the same! I mean, I would have just laughed at him but he would have said it! 

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Holy smokes! How far on to that curb did you get before you stopped!! LOL stuff happens! One time my mom brought my nephew and I to the drive-in when we were little and she side swiped the post and left a HUGE dent and scratch down the side of my dads truck.. It was pretty bad lol
Fordprefect
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Oh man, that sucks.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:08 PM

LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:09 PM
The whole bumper?! Didn't you hear anything scraping, cracking, something?

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Oye'
:/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)