Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

O.k., that tears it! This baby is getting weaned!

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:01 AM
  • 37 Replies
Baby Karen is so mean to my poor bewbs! (Intentional misspell for comic effect, so don't wig out!) She has pretty much always been prone to clawing, biting, and pinching the boobs and clawing my throat and kicking my face while she nurses. I have TRIED to train her to not do these things, but to no avail. Now, her new thing is to not just bite but CLAMP down hard on the nipple and refuse to let go. Then I have to PRY it out of her little teeth.

She's 13 months old, and I was trying to get started on weaning anyway, I was just doing it by offering the snippy cup and bottle more and not giving her the breast unless she specifically asks, (which she does by tugging at my shirt and saying, ''boo boo!"), but it hasn't been going well because she tends to request the boob and reject the bottle a LOT, but I'm going to have to get more serious about weaning.

I know some of you ladies will probably suggest I post about this in the breastfeeding group. I would, but I feel like they will probably just tell me to keep trying, let her self wean, and suggest all the methods of training nursing manners that I've already been trying. Don't get me wrong, though. I love that group, I just know better than to go in there talking about NOT wanting to b.f. anymore.
by on May. 11, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
loisl25
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2013 at 12:05 AM
3 moms liked this
I hate when auto correct changes ''sippy'' to ''snippy''. Tends to make me look like an idiot. Some ladies will bash misspellings more than they would bash someone for confessing to beating their kids while smoking crack and selling state secrets to the Taliban.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 11, 2013 at 2:57 AM
Good luck. Next baby, remember to teach them the sign for milk, and use the terms nursing or breast feeding.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 11, 2013 at 3:02 AM

I hear you. My dd is pretty harsh on the boobies. My son was so much more gentle. He respects the boobs. But she's always grabbing, twisting, biting, clamping, and what ever else. I've literally smacked her in response to her bites. Not on purpose mind you. She is also 13mo. If she wasn't my last I'd wean the little brat. But shes doing better these last few weeks than before. Our only problem right now is her popping off the boob without breaking suction. more annoying than painful.

I don't frequent the bf group, but I've never seen them be harsh. I could have just missed it though.

Caryss_mommy
by on May. 11, 2013 at 3:04 AM

LOL. That's okay. I honestly just thought maybe that's what you called a training sippy cup, or you were from England or somewhere else where they use that term.

Quoting loisl25:

I hate when auto correct changes ''sippy'' to ''snippy''. Tends to make me look like an idiot. Some ladies will bash misspellings more than they would bash someone for confessing to beating their kids while smoking crack and selling state secrets to the Taliban.

If the wind will not serve, take to the oars.

Caryss_mommy
by on May. 11, 2013 at 3:05 AM

Well, it's good that your son is gentle otherwise he'd have one upset spouse in the future!! Hehe, I kid, I kid.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hear you. My dd is pretty harsh on the boobies. My son was so much more gentle. He respects the boobs. But she's always grabbing, twisting, biting, clamping, and what ever else. I've literally smacked her in response to her bites. Not on purpose mind you. She is also 13mo. If she wasn't my last I'd wean the little brat. But shes doing better these last few weeks than before. Our only problem right now is her popping off the boob without breaking suction. more annoying than painful.

I don't frequent the bf group, but I've never seen them be harsh. I could have just missed it though.

Roomfor1more
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 3:07 AM

Good  luck momma.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 11, 2013 at 3:11 AM

LOL. My husband has been waiting to get the boobs back for almost 3 years. Poor guy. They just won't be the same. But they weren't that great in the first place and he loves my body no matter what. Good thing because these babies have changed me a lot.

Quoting Caryss_mommy:

Well, it's good that your son is gentle otherwise he'd have one upset spouse in the future!! Hehe, I kid, I kid.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 11, 2013 at 3:12 AM
Bump
Caryss_mommy
by on May. 11, 2013 at 3:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Haha. Yeah, my MIL told me that after you breastfeed your boobs are never the same again. My daughter never latched on so I pumped until I couldn't keep up with her appetite. It was depressing not being able to BF, I still feel like a failure sometimes but a least she got some and that's better than none. Sounds like you got a good man! Happy for you. :P

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL. My husband has been waiting to get the boobs back for almost 3 years. Poor guy. They just won't be the same. But they weren't that great in the first place and he loves my body no matter what. Good thing because these babies have changed me a lot.

Quoting Caryss_mommy:

Quoting Anonymous:

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 3:19 AM
Oh no! I hope you get to wean her soon. My baby is only 3 WEEKS old and today she did the clamp thing. Omg i almost cried lol. She was nursing then suddenly began to grunt and she bit down and wouldnt let go. When she finally did let go she burped loudly so im guessing she had to burp and got frustrated. I hope she doesnt do that again because even though she has no teeth, that hurt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)