Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think I just broke my big toe.... *PIC* Granted, it's of a toe, but it's a pic!!!! :DDD

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 6:29 AM
  • 26 Replies

Up cleaning my house since SO is asleep and I can't seem to and I dropped the trash bin on my big toe.  It isn't that heavy, probably only about 15 lbs, but it's one of those with a lip on the bottom, so that went right onto the joint that connects the toe to my foot.  OMG the PAIN!!!!  It's swelling and turning a little purple, too.  I took a pic of it.  Does anyone think it's broken?  I could wake up my SO and ask him, but he's asleep AND upstairs....  Was carting around my laptop for music and such.  No point in going to a doctor since they can't do anything and a broken toe isn't going to damage my baby, so yeah.  Just wondering.  My foot hurts so bad it's twitching.  OMG!!!!

Not the prettiest foot.  Sorry.  :(

by on May. 11, 2013 at 6:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2013 at 6:35 AM
If you can bend it or pull it without excruciating pain you probably didn't break it.
mama-sita
by on May. 11, 2013 at 6:38 AM

Ah, that sounds like a fun experiment.  "Do I get the urge to scream when I do this or just shout a little...?"  lol  I can't walk on it without wanting to throw up and went into cold sweats for about 15 minutes.  Was awful.  Kind of hobbled from the kitchen into the living room on the side of my foot trying desperately not to trip over my damn dog.  lol

Quoting Anonymous:

If you can bend it or pull it without excruciating pain you probably didn't break it.

mama-sita
by on May. 11, 2013 at 6:44 AM

BUMP!

RandiBear
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2013 at 6:52 AM
If it's not broken you likely have a bone bruise. I think they suck more than broken bones though. Put ice (wrapped in a rag) on it and elevate it for half an hour. If standing on it then still makes you sick yoou should go in just to make sure that if it is broken there isn't anything that could lead to bone infection.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2013 at 6:53 AM
It looks fine. Can you bend it
2m2t
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 6:54 AM
use ice, it helps a lot and avoid walking as much as possible. I had one f my toes broken either... it got better in about 1 week and after 4 weeks it completely cured.... Ibuprofen helps managing the pain.
mama-sita
by on May. 11, 2013 at 6:55 AM

Not without crying.  lol

Quoting Anonymous:

It looks fine. Can you bend it

mama-sita
by on May. 11, 2013 at 6:56 AM

Can't take ibuprofen. 

Quoting 2m2t:

use ice, it helps a lot and avoid walking as much as possible. I had one f my toes broken either... it got better in about 1 week and after 4 weeks it completely cured.... Ibuprofen helps managing the pain.

Momoftwinkies
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2013 at 6:58 AM
Buddy tape it. Broken toes suck!! I broke 2 at the same time. It was painful and hurt for over 6 months.
MyStarLight
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2013 at 7:03 AM
Ice it. for 15mins then taje off the ice and elevate it do this for about an hr
Dont fall asleep with the ice! It can be damaging
Good luck
hoping you pain goes away soon
take a pain pill
Either a
Norco
Vicodin
One 1 and you can take the other 2 with it since my doc said its ok
And anti inflammation, muscle relaxer with one of the pills from above
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)