Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I just broke my big toe.... *PIC* Granted, it's of a toe, but it's a pic!!!! :DDD

Posted by   + Show Post

Up cleaning my house since SO is asleep and I can't seem to and I dropped the trash bin on my big toe.  It isn't that heavy, probably only about 15 lbs, but it's one of those with a lip on the bottom, so that went right onto the joint that connects the toe to my foot.  OMG the PAIN!!!!  It's swelling and turning a little purple, too.  I took a pic of it.  Does anyone think it's broken?  I could wake up my SO and ask him, but he's asleep AND upstairs....  Was carting around my laptop for music and such.  No point in going to a doctor since they can't do anything and a broken toe isn't going to damage my baby, so yeah.  Just wondering.  My foot hurts so bad it's twitching.  OMG!!!!

Not the prettiest foot.  Sorry.  :(

by on May. 11, 2013 at 6:29 AM
Replies (21-26):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Quoting alphamom26:

Lol, I have had more broken toes than I care to remember. It probably is broken. I went to the doc for a broken toe twice, complete waste of time. The next few time I did it I buddy taped it, but that really can't be done for the big toe since your other toes are too small to brace it properly. It's up to you if you want to go to the doctor, but I'd suggest seeing your regular doc versus the ER, 'cause broken toes go to the very bottom of the triage list.

Elevate it, ice it, wear heavy shoes for a few weeks...Not much you can do :) Good luck :)

good information =]
B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2013 at 7:50 AM

It's usually true. Most drs will say if you can move the toe (on its own, not with your hand), even if it hurts, it's probably not broken. They look at apparent misalignment and pooling blood to avoid xrays. My husband injured his toe last week, so we talked to several friends who are different types of docs to see if we should take him in. (Probably means that there are exceptions)

Quoting Jennyanne322:

That's not true. I broke my foot in three places and didn't even realize it was broken for over a month.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you can bend it or pull it without excruciating pain you probably didn't break it.

Jennyanne322
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2013 at 10:54 AM
Yes they can. They will just double layer you with the liner thing. I had X-rays, a CT, and an MRI while pregnant. My OB had to approve them though.

Quoting mama-sita:

I've got ice on it now while I do my "funnies" thread.  lol  Can they take x-rays when you're pregnant?

Quoting Jennyanne322:

It can't hurt to go get X-rays. Have you iced it at all?

AjsMom0508
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Its hard to say really. I crushed that joint on my left big toe when the edge of a 75lb base for a portable volleyball net came crashing down on it. Its been 11 years and it still hurts on a daily basis. If you are concerned have it looked at.
Crymsm
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2013 at 11:05 AM
If it hurts to move and bruises bad later then you did. I broke my little toe running after my youngest son...right into the couch. Heard a crack and the next day omg. Who knew how much you needed toes to walk...it sucked and took two months to heal. Never went to a doc cus what would they do really??
Adensmommy760
by on May. 11, 2013 at 11:06 AM
I.C.E. it. Ice, compress, elevate
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured