Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone hinting at a gift they want for Mother's Day?

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 7:46 AM
  • 98 Replies
Dh said to me last night " I have no idea what to get you for Mother's Day" I told him whatever he gets is fine with me and he said he was looking at a necklace and bracelet 0_o that's the exact look I gave him lol and he said "I think that might not be a good idea" I told him don't stress out over it and I'm ok with whatever him and the boys pick out. I really hope it's not jewelry because he has no taste, when it comes to things like that. He really want me to give him a clue but I want the gift to come from their hearts, so I won't.
by on May. 11, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rockinmomto2
by on May. 11, 2013 at 7:48 AM

Um, no. I told DH exactly what I want. I've tried the *hinting* thing, but it doesn't work for him. Some guys just don't know what to do and need to be told what you do and don't like.

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on May. 11, 2013 at 7:49 AM
3 moms liked this
So...you don't want to give ideas....yet you won't like what he picks out(from the heart like you want) because he has no taste?

Hmmm
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 11, 2013 at 7:49 AM
No hinting from me. I flat out told him what I want. It's simple, free and we don't have to leave the house. :)
Kitschy
by on May. 11, 2013 at 7:50 AM
3 moms liked this

No. we don't celebrate in that way at our house. Mother's day is a day off. We only gift give for Christmas

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on May. 11, 2013 at 7:57 AM

I don't care about Mother's Day...it's just another day to me. I don't expect anything. I'm sure Dh will let me sleep late in the morning as we are skipping Church since our 7 year old and I are running a race tonight and it doesn't start until 9 pm. If it is anything like a race I ran last month, our wave may not start until 11 so we may not get home until 1 am...

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Yeah that is true. I think my dh would like it better if I told him.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

Um, no. I told DH exactly what I want. I've tried the *hinting* thing, but it doesn't work for him. Some guys just don't know what to do and need to be told what you do and don't like.

ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2013 at 7:59 AM
That comment was addressing the jewelry only.

Quoting mommy_me:

So...you don't want to give ideas....yet you won't like what he picks out(from the heart like you want) because he has no taste?

Hmmm
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2013 at 7:59 AM
2 moms liked this
Nope my birthday and Mother's Day gift were combined :)
ReaIisticBeauty
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2013 at 8:00 AM
What is it?

Quoting Anonymous:

No hinting from me. I flat out told him what I want. It's simple, free and we don't have to leave the house. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 11, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Yes I want an ice cream cake from dairy queen. I point it out on commercials and say oh I'd like one for mother's day.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN