Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm so proud of my daughter!!! *****Edit

Posted by   + Show Post

So I took her to school yesterday knowing that I was gonna go back up there to to give her her ADHD meds after I got it filled at the pharmacy. So a couple of hours go by and I get back to the school. I tell them I need her to come to the office to take her meds, no problem, they call her up there. When she walks in and sees me she starts crying and asks me if I know what's going on. She precedes to tell me that in second period a boy had asked her to hold some weed for him. She first asked him to let her see it cuz she didn't want to tell on him if he really didn't have it. So this ignorant kid shows it to her, she politely told him no and then went and told the teacher she needed to talk to her in the hallway. This kid had his patents called and had to deal with the police officer on campus. He apparently will be in alternative school the rest of the year and the beginning of next year. So proud of my baby for doing the right thing!!!!

Edit>>>>>>>I notice that all the people that think my child did something "wrong" in "tattling" on this 13 yr old child have all been ANON's. Y'all are probably the one's making posts titled "I smoke pot everyday but I'm still a good mother!!!" To each their own, but when I lay my head down to go to sleep tonight, I will do so knowing that my child did a noble thing!!!!!!

by on May. 11, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Replies (21-30):
zoo003
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Really?  How sad that they would just turn a blind eye.  There is a huge difference in tattling on a kid who might have said or done something a little offiensive on the playground and telling a teacher about someone bringing ILLEGAL drugs to school.   

OP-Your dd did a great thing.  I would be proud of her too. 

Quoting Anonymous:

To each their own.

My kids would have said NO I wont hold it and then went on with their day. My kids don't tell on people unless someones in actual danger of being hurt . 

Quoting critter_boo:

Really its an illegal substance that could of got her in tons of trouble. Good for her op

Quoting Anonymous:

I discourage tattling .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 11, 2013 at 12:13 PM

My kids are grown and none of them had any sort of drug problems. They are all successful responsible adults. Not being a snitch is a good quality. A little weed that is not in my child's possession is not a reason to run and tell someone else . Next she'll be gossiping to all her friends.

Quoting rainskysmom:

But your child is probably the one with the weed trying to pawn it of on my innocent child.

Quoting Anonymous:

I discourage tattling .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 11, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

not like he had a gun...

Very true ! That I would want my child to tell about but pot? give me a break. I really cant stomach kids that are little suck up tattlers. People act like the kid accomplished something , really?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 11, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Quoting rainskysmom:

No, he'll probably bring that next week with his weed. You're an idiot!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

not like he had a gun...

Give me a break . Nice name calling btw. Where is the weed to gun carrying link exactly? Jump the shark much?
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2013 at 12:22 PM

You should be proud too! Ignore the anon, your daughter did the right thing.

rainskysmom
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 12:23 PM
She did accomplish something!!! Now the little pot smoking little 7th grader will have to reevaluate his decisions and maybe he will not screw up his whole life. They do say pot is a gateway drug to worse things. So yeah, I do think my child did an awesome and very mature thing yesterday!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

not like he had a gun...

Very true ! That I would want my child to tell about but pot? give me a break. I really cant stomach kids that are little suck up tattlers. People act like the kid accomplished something , really?

rainskysmom
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 12:29 PM
My daughter has been taught right from wrong and will not be gossiping about this to her friends. As much as you want to make my child out to be the bad guy in all this, you're dead wrong. The little punk kid trying to pawn his pot off on my kid is the loser!!!!0

Quoting Anonymous:

My kids are grown and none of them had any sort of drug problems. They are all successful responsible adults. Not being a snitch is a good quality. A little weed that is not in my child's possession is not a reason to run and tell someone else . Next she'll be gossiping to all her friends.

Quoting rainskysmom:

But your child is probably the one with the weed trying to pawn it of on my innocent child.

Quoting Anonymous:

I discourage tattling .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 11, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Quoting rainskysmom:

She did accomplish something!!! Now the little pot smoking little 7th grader will have to reevaluate his decisions and maybe he will not screw up his whole life. They do say pot is a gateway drug to worse things. So yeah, I do think my child did an awesome and very mature thing yesterday!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

not like he had a gun...

Telling on someone is not a sign of maturity ( 2 year olds tattle) and Pot is not a gateway drug , I didn't know there were people so ill informed that they still believe such non sense.

"..Marijuana is not a “gateway” drug that predicts or eventually leads to substance abuse, suggests a 12-year University of Pittsburgh study. Moreover, the study’s findings call into question the long-held belief that has shaped prevention efforts and governmental policy for six decades and caused many a parent to panic upon discovering a bag of pot in their child’s bedroom.."  Read more at http://scienceblog.com/12116/study-says-marijuana-no-gateway-drug/#0e7KI7wxds3RDMFA.99

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 11, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Maybe , but I still wouldnt encourage running to tell . 

Quoting rainskysmom:

My daughter has been taught right from wrong and will not be gossiping about this to her friends. As much as you want to make my child out to be the bad guy in all this, you're dead wrong. The little punk kid trying to pawn his pot off on my kid is the loser!!!!0

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting rainskysmom:

Quoting Anonymous:

I discourage tattling .

momoftwoboys12
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Op ignore the anons. Their kids probably did the same thing as that boy and they got in trouble but they want to stay in their ignorant bliss that their kids do no wrong.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN