Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm so proud of my daughter!!! *****Edit

Posted by   + Show Post

So I took her to school yesterday knowing that I was gonna go back up there to to give her her ADHD meds after I got it filled at the pharmacy. So a couple of hours go by and I get back to the school. I tell them I need her to come to the office to take her meds, no problem, they call her up there. When she walks in and sees me she starts crying and asks me if I know what's going on. She precedes to tell me that in second period a boy had asked her to hold some weed for him. She first asked him to let her see it cuz she didn't want to tell on him if he really didn't have it. So this ignorant kid shows it to her, she politely told him no and then went and told the teacher she needed to talk to her in the hallway. This kid had his patents called and had to deal with the police officer on campus. He apparently will be in alternative school the rest of the year and the beginning of next year. So proud of my baby for doing the right thing!!!!

Edit>>>>>>>I notice that all the people that think my child did something "wrong" in "tattling" on this 13 yr old child have all been ANON's. Y'all are probably the one's making posts titled "I smoke pot everyday but I'm still a good mother!!!" To each their own, but when I lay my head down to go to sleep tonight, I will do so knowing that my child did a noble thing!!!!!!

by on May. 11, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Replies (31-37):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Quoting momoftwoboys12:

Op ignore the anons. Their kids probably did the same thing as that boy and they got in trouble but they want to stay in their ignorant bliss that their kids do no wrong.
my children don't do drugs . I'm not alone in knowing that being a tattle tale is not a redeeming quality.
keyawin
by on May. 11, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Good job, you should be proud of her. 

momoftwoboys12
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Says the anon

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momoftwoboys12:

Op ignore the anons. Their kids probably did the same thing as that boy and they got in trouble but they want to stay in their ignorant bliss that their kids do no wrong.

my children don't do drugs .
I'm not alone in knowing that being a tattle tale is not a redeeming quality.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2013 at 1:22 PM
This. My kids know that "telling" to get someone out of trouble is a good thing, but telling to get someone IN trouble is not a good thing.

Quoting Anonymous:

I discourage tattling .

AF2011
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 1:25 PM

What?! She did the right thing. So it's okay to have weed when you're 13?

Quoting Anonymous:

I discourage tattling .

zoo003
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Inmates within the men's max. security prison that I taught in had the same thinking pattern as this.  Just saying.   

Fact of the matter is, the boy brought something to school that is illegal and not allowed and he should be held accountable for his actions.  The OP's dd did not make him bring anything, he made the concious decision to bring it himself.  Therefore, the OP's dd is not making things up to get the boy "in trouble", but instead, letting the teacher know about his choice in illegal, and against the rules, behavior. 

Quoting Anonymous:

This. My kids know that "telling" to get someone out of trouble is a good thing, but telling to get someone IN trouble is not a good thing.

Quoting Anonymous:

I discourage tattling .

ms-superwoman
by on May. 11, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Good.

Come join us!

Butt 'N Gut

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)