Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Who's Mother's Day is sucking?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 123 Replies

Like Mother's Day could not get better... 

My youngest broke her elbow. Still waiting on a cast. Been here since 9am... It's now 12:45...

Hubby was cranky and wanted coffee so I gave him a $10 bill... Yep he thought I gave him a $5 so the Starbucks has extra $$$ now. I had $30 but apparently I now only have $20... 
I just want to hit him....

all I asked for was church and to be taken for brunch... Yep he spent everything so it's not going to happen.

I'm so upset. This weekend is turning in to a shit show and I wish he was working so I don't have to deal with him

Posted by Anonymous on May. 11, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 11, 2013 at 3:34 PM
11 moms liked this

Stop putting so much emphasis on a holiday that doesn't matter anyway, eliminate your expecations, and just treat tomorrow like every other Sunday.
We don't need to be celebrated for what most of us would do for our children regardless, do we?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 11, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Aw, your poor daughter! How'd she break her elbow? Ouch.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 11, 2013 at 3:36 PM
12 moms liked this
Ummmmm Mothers Day is TOMORROW! So you are having a bad day. Get over it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 11, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

My expectation are pretty low. Brunch and family at church. Just because Mother's Day does not matter to you it does matter to some..  

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Stop putting so much emphasis on a holiday that doesn't matter anyway, eliminate your expecations, and just treat tomorrow like every other Sunday.
We don't need to be celebrated for what most of us would do for our children regardless, do we?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 11, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Where do you live that its already Sunday?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 11, 2013 at 3:38 PM

What is the big deal about Mother's Day??  It really doesn't take a special talent to give birth and raise children.  It you are appreciated for only one day by your children and the father of your children for what you do, that is really very sad. I know I don't need a day on the calender to tell my family that they love and appreciate me and what I do for them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 11, 2013 at 3:38 PM
6 moms liked this
If my kid broke a bone i wouldn't be whining that it ruined mother's day....
o.O....
by Cara on May. 11, 2013 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Mothers Day is tomorrow.. Are you one of those people who has a "birthday week"?
Sorry about your kids elbow and your bad day though.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 11, 2013 at 3:38 PM

If it didn't; you wouldn't be so upset :)
Hakuna Matata.

Quoting Anonymous:

My expectation are pretty low. Brunch and family at church. Just because Mother's Day does not matter to you it does matter to some..  

Quoting OwlNuggets:

photo anigif_enhanced-buzz-7782-1364935841-8.gif
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 11, 2013 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd file for divorce.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN