Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do families/people decide to have multiple children?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I was thinking about this today when my cousin's wife announced she is pregnant with number 4.  I think about everything that's happening around us and it makes me realize that I truly do not want to bring anymore children into the world. Our resources are not limitless and our economy isn't where it should be at. I don't think that enough people are concerned about humanity's future. I'm not trying to be insulting or judgemental; I'm just trying to understand why people continue to have children so carelessly.

Everyone asking why I had a child if I'm against it: because I was young and I did not have the same views as I do now. 

Secondly: "If we stop having kids all together the human race won't survive." Right obviously that's the case. My question was about multiple children. Thanks.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 11, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on May. 11, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Some people love kids and if a person can provide love, care and all the essentials of life to them, then I don't see a problem. It's the ones who can't look after their children and can't provide for them that should stop. Anyways, the baby boomers the only going to get older, just saying.
ashleyrenee24
by 2ne1 on May. 11, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I never wanted just one child though I won't have more than I can handle.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 11, 2013 at 4:01 PM

quite simply because not everyone is happy/feels complete with just one.

Quoting NorseGodessMom:

I would like to know this to.. why do people have so many kids.. as in more than one... I only ask becouse I am happy with one...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 11, 2013 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes...but they're not going to be kids forever and we're not going to be here forever. What happens when we run out of ways to support everyone in the world? Not everyone is privileged. Kids go hungry everyday and I'm not just talking about third world countries.

Quoting gigis1:

Because they love kids perhaps?

EvilAsh
by on May. 11, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Because I wanted a boy. So, we tried for baby #3. We can take care of and support all 3 of them. What about people that have multiple pets? Are they bad people too? Cuz I have that one nailed down too. 4 cats as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on May. 11, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I wonder too. I am surrounded by Mormons and get so much shit for "only having one." Meanwhile, they have upwards of ten (my neighbor is pregnant w/ number 12) and live off of welfare. No thanks.

svolkov
by Emerald Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:02 PM
I love having babies lol I love that my kids have each other.id have another if I felt I could handle another. Ee make more than enough to support our family.

Quoting NorseGodessMom:

I would like to know this to.. why do people have so many kids.. as in more than one... I only ask becouse I am happy with one...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on May. 11, 2013 at 4:03 PM

You do your part to the best of your ability and leave others to do as they like.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not judging. If that's what they want that's great... I'm concerned about the future. Not so much the now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do they love, care for and support their children? If so, tell them congratulations and shut up. It's not your place to judge!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on May. 11, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I, personally, think it is irresponsible to bring more children into the world than you can care for. By care for I mean support fully (no government help) and send to college.

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this
One word: instinct.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN