Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do families/people decide to have multiple children?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I was thinking about this today when my cousin's wife announced she is pregnant with number 4.  I think about everything that's happening around us and it makes me realize that I truly do not want to bring anymore children into the world. Our resources are not limitless and our economy isn't where it should be at. I don't think that enough people are concerned about humanity's future. I'm not trying to be insulting or judgemental; I'm just trying to understand why people continue to have children so carelessly.

Everyone asking why I had a child if I'm against it: because I was young and I did not have the same views as I do now. 

Secondly: "If we stop having kids all together the human race won't survive." Right obviously that's the case. My question was about multiple children. Thanks.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 11, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Replies (31-40):
mommybug77
by on May. 11, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
So then why did you have a kid at all? Unless you adopted or only have step kids then you contributed to overpopulation.
LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it's careless.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on May. 11, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Maybe they need back up in case they screw up the other ones.
NorseGodessMom
by on May. 11, 2013 at 4:10 PM

that is a copout

Quoting Anonymous:

quite simply because not everyone is happy/feels complete with just one.

Quoting NorseGodessMom:

I would like to know this to.. why do people have so many kids.. as in more than one... I only ask becouse I am happy with one...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 11, 2013 at 4:11 PM

So because we don't have a set time frame it's ok to continue using up our resources? We know it's going to happen; why speed up the process? Why aren't we doing more to conserve what we have and to make our planet better? We just let it waste away since it's not in our lifetime?

Quoting Anonymous:

I think about the future and I do my part and teach my kids to appreciate and take her of the earth as much as possible. yes, resources are not limitless, but there's no telling WHEN its going to run out. I know it wont be in my lifetime or my kid's lifetime and probably not even THEIR kid's lifetime. should I just not have kids because something MAY happen?
why did you even have one then?
if people can afford, love and take care of their kids, there's nothing wrong to having as many kids as you want. I

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on May. 11, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I get that. but my point is, there will always be something. and you never know what the future is. things could drastically change. something that could change things for the better. you can't just think, well things are bad now, and can only get worse. you never know what the future will bring. and you can't worry about it. it doesn't help or change things. just live in the moment.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not talking about natural disasters or wars. I'm talking about resources and the damage we're doing to Earth.

Quoting Anonymous:

the world is the way it is. having more or less children isn't going to change that. the world has never been a perfect place. there has always been wars and conflict and problems. and our life in this world is so short. why not do what makes you happy? if having a lot of children brings you happiness, why not? you can't change the way things are so might as well live your life the way you want. especially since no matter what you do, people will always judge you either way.

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Not every person that has more than one child is not able to support their kids. We have three and no government support and they all three have money for college. I didn't see where the OP said people on assistance shouldn't have more kids, she said people in general. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I, personally, think it is irresponsible to bring more children into the world than you can care for. By care for I mean support fully (no government help) and send to college.

EvilAsh
by on May. 11, 2013 at 4:12 PM

My cats are spayed and neutered. Dumb of you to assume otherwise. Whether you have one or ten kids, resources are still running out. What about people that choose not to have kids or can't have any? They're not doing what humans are made to do--reproduce. Why is it such an issue to you? Why did you even have one kid if you feel this way?

Quoting Anonymous:

We encourage neutering and spaying pets...so in my opinion it's not such a great example. I don't think anyone is 'bad.' It's not about providing now and being able to feed them now. What happens 80-100 years from now when all these children are now adults and not enough resources are available to provide for them and THEIR families?

Quoting EvilAsh:

Because I wanted a boy. So, we tried for baby #3. We can take care of and support all 3 of them. What about people that have multiple pets? Are they bad people too? Cuz I have that one nailed down too. 4 cats as well.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on May. 11, 2013 at 4:12 PM
I grew up with a sibling. I knew I wanted more than one. I originally only wanted 2 but..surprise lol.
sucker4myloves
by on May. 11, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Because that's the natural order of things, despite the unnatural things we're doing to this world. Besides that,  if everyone procreated one child only, and those children procreated one child only, and so on so forth, the world would still run out of resources, just at a slower pace. The point of life is to live, be happy and do good. Having children is part of that process for some. I personally only have one because I only want one. If I wanted three more I would have three more and not worry about the state of things, because the state of things always changes, and the resources are all going to dry up anyway. Maybe my extra three kids will make it happen faster, but not having the children that complete my life and that bring me and each other joy isn't going to stop that eventuality.

MAINSTREAM MOMS Wanna escape the crunch? Join us!
REDNECK MOMMIES Join to commune with your fellow country mamas!

LilySlim Diet days tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)