Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I feel guilty...johnson and johnson baby lotion

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 3:48 PM
  • 46 Replies

I read it has chemicals that caise camcer and I used it on my daughtermfor four years. We had to switch because of a rash. But if she ever gets cancer it could be the reason. Now we use aveeno and all natural stuff. Trying to rid the house of cleaning chemicals ect.  

by on May. 11, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 3:49 PM

All natural is best.. BUT..

SO many things are linked to cancer now..  And it's true, we are creating it.. But if you avoided EVERYTHING linked to cancer, imagine how little you'd be able to use?

xomrs.chase
by on May. 11, 2013 at 3:50 PM
You can't feel guilty for what you didn't know
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 11, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Look up the ingredients in Aveeno too. Research ingredients in everything you use. You'll be surprised
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 11, 2013 at 3:51 PM
This was on the news a while ago. I stopped using their products since. I always check the labels for that ingredient now.. Horrible huh?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 11, 2013 at 3:51 PM

You should tray an all natural oil, like argan. Besides, babies don't need lotion.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 11, 2013 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Trying to avoid contact is best and there is a HUGE variety of natural alternatives that lazy people just don't feel like looking into.

Quoting KristenFowles:

SO many things are linked to cancer now..  And it's true, we are creating it.. But if you avoided EVERYTHING linked to cancer, imagine how little you'd be able to use?

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

No you're right, there are tons of alternatives and natural products, a lot of which I use.

I just thought the "if she gets cancer it could be my fault" was slightly melodramatic. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Trying to avoid contact is best and there is a HUGE variety of natural alternatives that lazy people just don't feel like looking into.

Quoting KristenFowles:

libramoon007
by on May. 11, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Well the doctor recommended aveeno. What is wrong with it? Yeah i am not a big lotion fan but it was good after bath time. Well, that is opinion. Lotion is good for dry skin and now she came down with really itchy dry skin. Have to keep her skin moisturized some how. Where do I get argan oil? 

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on May. 11, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Everything causes cancer anymore.....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 11, 2013 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

The air you breathe in your own home can cause cancer.

Seriously, I wouldn't worry about it.  The levels they test that stuff are entirely unrealistic.  Just about anything can cause cancer when to pump it in by the gallon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN