Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Drop-In Visitors?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
1 mom liked this

Ok, what is the deal with this? I grew up learning that you don't drop in unexpectedly, and you ESPECIALLY don't do this and expect to come inside and hang around a while. I've always thought it was common courtesy to call before you come by, unless you're super close or something. Would you ever drop in unexpectedly on a coworker whose family you have never met, without calling first?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 11, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:20 PM

No, never.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2013 at 4:20 PM
that is rude. People could be having having an orgy and you don't feel the need to call ahead?!? ugh
usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:21 PM
Nope. That's rude.
LaughingTattoo
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:21 PM

No...its rude as hell

frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I hate that...

villagemamma
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:23 PM

The only people i do that to is my mom. she lives right up the road and usually expects to see us sometime during the day other than that i wouldnt dream of it. I find that so rude and have had people do that to me to many times. When we used to live in our apartment it would get insane. we were really close with most of our neighbors so very often they would just drop in unexpectedly. Even if i really liked the people i felt like i had to rearrange my whole day because they decided to come by and hang out.

KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:23 PM

No way in hell.

I'll call you and we'll make plans first if I'm coming over.

I expect the same courtesy.

IndigoRose
by on May. 11, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Never.  Rude & tacky.

AHmom103
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I don't even just drop in on my parents. I think it's rude for anyone to go to visit someone without giving at least a little bit of notice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2013 at 4:26 PM
No, and I wouldn't open the door if one of dh's coworkers did that to us. Just because you're home doesn't mean you have to open the door.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured