Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Depressed the closer it gets to Mother Day :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 38 Replies
1 mom liked this

So, I was married to my childhood best friend, he had a newborn baby when we got married... I raised him, he is 5 now. Also, I have had multiple miscarriages, and twins who were stillborn.

My best friend and I got divorced, it was final a few months ago, we now live in seperate states, this is going to be my first mothers day without my son, and this is going to sound stupid, but I feel sad that noone is going to remember me tomorrow :( I dont want gifts or anything, I just want to spend time with my son, and that isnt going to happen. 

I dont know, I just need to vent.... Sorry, I know this sounds childish.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 11, 2013 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 11, 2013 at 4:26 PM

BUMP!

luckymommy29
by on May. 11, 2013 at 4:29 PM
That is so sad I'm so sorry :(
hazel1922
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:30 PM

You should have posted unanimously. I'm sorry you're going through this. I bet it's tough. Anywho,

Happy Mothers Day!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 11, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Aww thank you, I would rather be anon because I have some family on here, and I dont want to deal with the "You are so selfish" "You arent a real mom anyway" drama that my family is so keen on :/

Quoting hazel1922:

You should have posted unanimously. I'm sorry you're going through this. I bet it's tough. Anywho,

Happy Mothers Day!!

hazel1922
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Aww thank you, I would rather be anon because I have some family on here, and I dont want to deal with the "You are so selfish" "You arent a real mom anyway" drama that my family is so keen on :/

Quoting hazel1922:

Happy Mothers Day!!

I'm sorry they're not very supportive. Because whether you gave birth to him or not you raised him as if he was your own and IMO that's a mother.dont let it get you down. Treat yourself tomorrow for the years you did be a mother to that child. Screw what everyone else has to say about you or he situation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 11, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Quoting hazel1922:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hazel1922:

Happy Mothers Day!!

I'm sorry they're not very supportive. Because whether you gave birth to him or not you raised him as if he was your own and IMO that's a mother.dont let it get you down. Treat yourself tomorrow for the years you did be a mother to that child. Screw what everyone else has to say about you or he situation.

Thank you, I appreciate it! I will have to see about planning something :)

MyahsMom
by Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Aww, that's terrible! Why didn't you adopt him when you were married??
hazel1922
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hazel1922:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hazel1922:

Happy Mothers Day!!

Your very welcome! I'm here if you ever need to talk. Pm me anytime :) good luck with it all!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 11, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Because I told my ex that I wanted him to be old enough to understand it, and make the decision for himself. My ex completely agreed, and it is still a possibility in the future, I have visitation, and talk to him on the phone all the time :)

Quoting MyahsMom:

Aww, that's terrible! Why didn't you adopt him when you were married??

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 11, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Quoting hazel1922:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hazel1922:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hazel1922:

Happy Mothers Day!!

Your very welcome! I'm here if you ever need to talk. Pm me anytime :) good luck with it all!

thank you! I will probably take you up on that :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)