Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Haven't felt baby move at all today... should I call the doctor? ETA * UPDATE

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 4:34 PM
  • 54 Replies

So I was just sitting on the couch watching TV and I realized that I haven't felt the baby move today... at all. It's 4:30pm and I've been up since 8am. So I went and laid down on my bed and poked and prodded at my belly trying to get him to move.... and nothing. He won't do anything. I am starting to worry a little but I don't want to call and bug my doctor or go to L&D like a paranoid weirdo for nothing. lol.

About 3 weeks ago I had a non-reactive NST and then he failed the biophysical ultrasound. They were ready to induce me because of it and then at the last minute he decided to wake up and cooperate. So he is probably just being stubborn like before.

But what would you do? Should I just wait and see if he starts moving? Call the doc? Just go in?

I am 35 weeks and 5 days, btw.

ETA*

I called the doctor and he said to drink something cold / sweet and lay down again and poke at him a little more. lol. He said if I do that and he doesn't move within an hour to go up to L&D. I am diabetic so I am drinking an ice cold Diet Pepsi and a cold bottle of water. Hopefully the caffeine and coldness will do the trick.

UPDATE*

Sorry! Forgot to update!

I went to L&D and he was fine! Just being stubborn. lol. He still hasn't been moving much but I think he is just running out of room.

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on May. 11, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 11, 2013 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Chug a shit load of orange juice, lay down and try again. If nothing, call.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 11, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Call your doctor sweetie
LawMom8308
by on May. 11, 2013 at 4:36 PM
I had the same problem. You should call. When I went in the did a stress test. Turns out baby was just lazy and running out of room to move. But yes, call doc for your peace of mind.
2girlsYES
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:36 PM
I would call
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
got2monsters
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Orange juice, ice cream, ice packs up against ur belly(w a towel around it). If he doesn't respon to any of that, then yes go to l&d.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tnt1014
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:36 PM
I had the same issue with my youngest. Drink some juice, eat something sugary and see if that perks him up. If not definitely call, better safe than sorry!
PeaceLoveAndTea
by on May. 11, 2013 at 4:37 PM

It's better to be safe than sorry. Call and ask his opinion.

amberlyp
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:38 PM
When this happened to me, I went in and they gave me ice cold water and she moved right away
Kaybean
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Put an ice pack on your belly and drink something really sugary and then try to get him to move again. If still nothing, then call.
gizmo538
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I'd call. Better safe than sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)