Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Haven't felt baby move at all today... should I call the doctor? ETA * UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post

So I was just sitting on the couch watching TV and I realized that I haven't felt the baby move today... at all. It's 4:30pm and I've been up since 8am. So I went and laid down on my bed and poked and prodded at my belly trying to get him to move.... and nothing. He won't do anything. I am starting to worry a little but I don't want to call and bug my doctor or go to L&D like a paranoid weirdo for nothing. lol.

About 3 weeks ago I had a non-reactive NST and then he failed the biophysical ultrasound. They were ready to induce me because of it and then at the last minute he decided to wake up and cooperate. So he is probably just being stubborn like before.

But what would you do? Should I just wait and see if he starts moving? Call the doc? Just go in?

I am 35 weeks and 5 days, btw.

ETA*

I called the doctor and he said to drink something cold / sweet and lay down again and poke at him a little more. lol. He said if I do that and he doesn't move within an hour to go up to L&D. I am diabetic so I am drinking an ice cold Diet Pepsi and a cold bottle of water. Hopefully the caffeine and coldness will do the trick.

UPDATE*

Sorry! Forgot to update!

I went to L&D and he was fine! Just being stubborn. lol. He still hasn't been moving much but I think he is just running out of room.

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on May. 11, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Replies (51-54):
torre667
by on May. 12, 2013 at 10:15 PM

bump

southwind720
by Member on May. 12, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Any update?
Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 10:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry! Forgot to update!

I went to L&D and he was fine! Just being stubborn. lol. He still hasn't been moving much but I think he is just running out of room.

Quoting Petyonsmommy:

Any update hun? I've been thinking about you.

pregnant

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Petyonsmommy
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2013 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I am sooooo happy to hear that!

Quoting Mom2five87:

Sorry! Forgot to update!

Quoting Petyonsmommy:

Any update hun? I've been thinking about you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN