Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I cried at a monster truck rally. TWICE!!

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 5:54 PM
  • 222 Replies
30 moms liked this

I did lol. And I'll get to that soon, but first, as you can see, my ds had a BLAST!!! not gonna lie, I had fun too! I have NEVER been to anything like that at all before so it was a totally new experience and it was really fun!! We ate so much junk food! Lol corn dogs and nachos and funnel cake with strawberries and whipped cream with a huge soda to wash it down! Oh man, I never eat like that! Lol I couldn't really get ds to eat any of it though :/ he's just not used to that stuff and it grossed him out. He ate a plain grilled chicken sandwich with tomatoes. BORRRINNNG! lol.

Anyways, i think I dressed good for the occasion. I was actually much less revealing than almost anyone i saw lol. holy moly I saw a LOT of daisy dukes with butt cheeks hanging out and halter tops. It seemed to be the uniform lol. That and omg I have never in my life seen so many bedallzed jeans!! Lol. At LEAST half the women there were in jeans that were decked out in rhinestones. That and there was a lot of biker apperal. Leather jackets and tassels. That sort of thing. Oh there was also a lot of rockabilly style people there. Over all though I didn't stand out in any way :)

The show itself was ok. Pretty cool I guess, if you're into that sort of thing. And my son was totally into it lol. After it was over, I actually took my son down to go meet one of the drivers and we got to ride in the truck! It was pretty fun! Ill post some pics of that.

Ok, Now about the crying I did. Lol

Wow. Just wow wow wow. This was my first time ever attending an event where my dh was presenting the flag. I can not even begin to explain to you how much my heart swelled with pride as I watched him, along with the 5 others on his honor guard team, march onto that field, in front of a thousand+ people standing silently watching them present the flag for the national anthem. That's not what got me though. What got me was looking at my son, with his little hand over his heart, watch his father with this look of sheer admiration and awe on his face. Then just as "and the home of the braaaaaaave" rang out, he looked at me and whispered, with a huge smile and so much pride, "that's my daddy!".

I don't care how corny that might sound to anyone but it really just sent me over the edge and yes several tears slipped out. What a special moment! Then they marched off the field and we went to go meet them at their van where they put all the flags and rifles away and as soon as we got close enough, my son took off in full sprint and jumped into my husbands arms. All I could think is wow I am so blessed to have this man in my life. What an amazing role model for my kids and what a great husband he is.

So then we started to walk back to the stands to go find some seats and watch the show and this is where I cried again lol. Because as we were walking back, I was still swelling with emotions and then this random little boy, he was probably about 7, ran up to my husband and asked to shake his hand and told him "you're awesome. I want to be you". And I lost composure again and had more tears fall out!! Lol what an amazing compliment! It makes me feel like a better person just being around him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 11, 2013 at 5:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 11, 2013 at 5:55 PM
First page!

Lies vvvv
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 11, 2013 at 5:55 PM
First!!
504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on May. 11, 2013 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this

My son getting buckled into the monster truck for our ride!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmama411
by on May. 11, 2013 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this

That's sweet! I cried at my sons play last week. It was dumb because it was just a little kindergarten play. But I am just proud of him, lol. So I get it. 

MomTo2Boys12
TishHughes
Pretty awesome.
504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on May. 11, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Me, the monster truck driver, and ds
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BambiF
Woot
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 11, 2013 at 5:56 PM

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Glad you had a good time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)