Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you spank for this?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
DS is 3, autistic, and getting tired.

He threw a pizza crust on the floor.

Dh spanked him, hard, bare bottom for it. Spent a good two minutes yelling about it and won't let him out of time out.

I think that was WAY too harsh

I would have made DS throw the crust away, and sat him in time out for a few minutes. Had he thrown a fit it would have progressed to him being put in his room until he calmed down. No yelling or hitting, which always makes the situation worse. Getting put in time out or in his room until he is calm is usually effective for DS.

I let DS out of time out and had a few choice words for my husband.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 11, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Replies (141-143):
Andreaaa81
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:25 AM

Even if I disagree with my husband, I wouldn't undermine him in front of our child. 

katye43
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:29 AM

DH went way too far.  In some states its illegal to spank.  But above that, he needs classes on Autism ( I have an adopted son who is autistic) and classes on Anger Management,  He's taking his frustration out with having a less than perfect child on the little things you DS does and its only going to get worse.  Get some counseling for all of you.  Chastising you DH is probably going to put you in harms way later on.

I know some of you will think this is overboard but its not.   Keep in touch mom and let us know what's happening.

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff!  Life is too short as it is.have a nice day

weezer_cookie
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:32 AM
No, I would pick him up and put him directly to bed. No cuddles or book. Just a pull up and good night.

I don't spank. My DH hates spanking, too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN