Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A Question about religion

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 7:03 PM
  • 387 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have read on this site where mothers say they're teaching their kids that there is no God, and that the Bible is a fairy tale.  Not putting anyone down, just very confused about where people are getting their facts.  If in fact, there is no God, what happens when we die.  I hope I get some good answers and no sarcasm.  Inquiring minds want to know!!

by on May. 11, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delilahsmom1177
by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:12 PM
10 moms liked this

Where is YOUR proof God exists?

I'm tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 11, 2013 at 8:13 PM
5 moms liked this

Why don't you read some books about different religions other than your own.That way you would become informed.Also read up on the philosophy of the Atheist movement.I'm not an atheist ,but I do understand why some people choose to become so.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 11, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this
You turn to dust and your done. Nothing happens
Sekirei
by LoKitty on May. 11, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Holy Loki... (-_-;)

*sits and meditates on the fact that my runes have gotten up and walked off... hopefully, He brings them back*

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on May. 11, 2013 at 8:14 PM
7 moms liked this

I believe in energy transfer...I'm a science nerd, haha...

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on May. 11, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Everyone has different religions and beliefs. Some don't believe in God. Some believe there are many Gods. Have you never been exposed to other religions at all?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 11, 2013 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this

While I believe in God, others don't.

I assume some would think we just die and no longer exist.

It's not really confusing.

LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on May. 11, 2013 at 8:15 PM

You can borrow mine...mine get no love here...

Quoting Sekirei:

Holy Loki... (-_-;)

*sits and meditates on the fact that my runes have gotten up and walked off... hopefully, He brings them back*

waffa
by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:15 PM
5 moms liked this

God is something that mankind made up to feel like they could explain the inexplicable of the world by blaming it on miracles or divine intervention.

btw, when you die nothing happens other than family crying and missing you; there is no heaven or hell or event purgatory if that is what you believe... you cease to exist period.

A_McCool
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2013 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

We die.  Why would something else happen?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)