Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Call me weird...

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 7:56 PM
  • 9 Replies
But I'm doing the complete opposite of what most are tomorrow for Mother's Day. I've been seeing where everyone wants a spa day or to be pampered. But me? Nope, I'm spending all day tomorrow with my LO.
I'm not dissing any of you who are taking a "me day" tomorrow, I'm sure before motherhood is over. I too will need one. But I figure since tomorrow is my very first Mother's Day, I'm gonna spend it with my daughter, after all, she's the reason that I'm privileged to even celebrate Mother's Day.
So yes, tomorrow is gonna be nothing but me, my daughter, and my mother. Maybe next year I'll go out and do something for moi!
by on May. 11, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
jillbailey26
by on May. 11, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I'll be going to church and spending it with other people's kids, lol.  I have nursery duty with the babies.  Then when we get home, I have no clue what's happening.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

BeAuTiFuL.BLiSs
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2013 at 8:00 PM

This will be my 8th Mother's Day, and that's how my days in the past have always gone.

I get breakfast. A card. Maybe some flowers or a little something. The rest of the day is spent taking it easy and enjoying the kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 11, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Im working from 7a-7p and then going home and tucking kids in. So much fun!
delilahsmom1177
by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel that way also. It is mother's day and I should be with the person who made me a mother. Like you said to each their own but I agree with you.

I'm tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 11, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Represent.

mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2013 at 8:35 PM
My kids have already have me their gifts yesterday from school. We are spending time together and going to lunch. I am sleeping in tomorrow and my husband is gettin up with the baby all night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomTo2Boys12
by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Umm, me too? We aren't going anywhere tomorrow. I'm 7 months pregnant and exhausted. I'd rather watch movie and eat popcorn.
balagan_imma
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I will spend the morning with my boys (DH and 2 DS's) and then I get to go pick DD up from a school trip at noon. Best present ever - to have my family with me. Then we'll go to a nursery or 2 to pick out more plants for my gardens.

acook0331
by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:38 PM

I will be working all day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN