Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's Official...

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:30 PM
  • 11 Replies

I'm crazy...haha...not really, but I sure felt that way earlier...I just left the ER, I was admitted for a myriad of symptoms that turned out to be the mother of all panic attacks...I've never had one before, that was literally the scariest thing I have ever been through...I couldn't breath, my pulse rate was 130, I was dizzy and almost passed out multiple times, my hands and feet went numb, my fingers wouldn't work...ugh...

Now I'm sedated and feel a bit better...that was horrid...

Have you ever had a full blown panic attack?

by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on May. 11, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Me, approximately 5 seconds before I walked down the wedding aisle:

melodyhour
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Many times
LyTe684
by Ruby Member on May. 11, 2013 at 8:33 PM
Yes.
trolldog
by on May. 11, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Yes, many many times. The first is always the worst.

LuvMommysBabies
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Yes
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on May. 11, 2013 at 9:01 PM
I was so out of it...I was at work and my coworkers were freaking out...

Quoting trolldog:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trolldog
by on May. 11, 2013 at 9:07 PM

They wear you out, that's for sure!! If it happens again, you may very well have completely different symptoms. I did. I don't have them much anymore because I am on daily medicine because I have anxiety as well.

I only went to the ER once. Not the first time, strange enough, but maybe the 5th time.

Quoting LucyMom08:

I was so out of it...I was at work and my coworkers were freaking out...

Quoting trolldog:

mommytotwonow
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2013 at 9:09 PM

yes and i was holding my ds. i dropped him but my bff was there and caught him before he hit the floor. i still get them sometimes 9 years latter. its not fun sorry you are dealing with this. are the meds helping? i never took anything i was to afraid. 

ksueditz
by on May. 11, 2013 at 9:10 PM

no, but my bff had one in line at walmart, reading a magazine. she thought she was having a heart attack. she didn't "feel" stressed when it occurred, but she'd been going through a lot of stuff the previous few days. the dr told her they usually hit when you're feeling relaxed, AFTER a stressful period. glad you're feeling better!

gma12.1
by on May. 11, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Yes the first one happened while I was driving and I swore I was going to literally explode and leave a gorey mess in my van. My blood pressure had skyrocketed, and my heart was pounding so fast and hard that was giving me the feeling of going to explode. I was later diagnosed with Anxiety/Panic disorder it took over 12 years before the attacks stopped and I could stop taking medication. They are scary as hell even if you've had them for a while.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured