Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Horrible Mothers day ahead.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

My mother and I don't talk, our twice yearly phone call is coming up tomorrow, I only call on Mothers day and her birthday in August. Mothers day has always been hard on me, I see people talking about how they are close to their mother. I've never been close to mine, the instant I hit puberty she started calling me a whore, a slut and a fat cow. I haven't lived with her since I was 14 when I ran away. Enough of my story, how does it feel on Mothers day when You don't have a relationship with your mother? I feel horrible because i wish I could have that kind of life but then again I'm dealing with the cards I was given.

Posted by Anonymous on May. 11, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2013 at 8:41 PM

That's too bad but on the bright side, you will do better for your kids

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2013 at 8:42 PM
It feels fine to me. I like my mil better. She's my mom now.
biancalina20
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 8:43 PM
My mom passed away 9 1/2 years ago :*
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2013 at 9:05 PM
I find the positive. I love my MIL and I'm going to be the best mom for my dd I can possibly be and she will have better than I did. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Why do you call her? If it bothers you and no good comes from it, stop.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2013 at 9:07 PM
I don't call anymore got tired of the name calling and her making me feel like shit
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2013 at 9:12 PM

This will be the second Mother's day since I stopped speaking with my mom. It has gotten easier but I know by the end of the day I will find my quiet place to have a little cry over what I never have and never will have with her....I'll take my 5 minutes to indulge then take a deep breath and move on to enjoy the wonderful things that I do have in my children and my step mom.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Don't call her,  sounds like you're better off without someone so toxic in your life!

AJ-47
by on May. 11, 2013 at 9:14 PM
It doesn't bother me, because I have the best mom figure ever - my Momma (ex's mom). She's everything my bio mother wasn't/isn't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 11, 2013 at 9:16 PM
I understand. I only call on holidays also. It is always stress.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured