Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm a horrible person, feeling guilty.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 170 Replies
1 mom liked this
My husband lost his job several weeks ago. We were living paycheck to paycheck. I found a full time job making less money and have worked there for two weeks. I will get my first paycheck on Friday but we haven't had much food. We have three kids.
I applied for food stamps but didn't have dh's paystubs because we don't feet mail delivered to our house and hadn't gotten a p.o box so i was denied. I called the food pantry in our small town but they didn't have any food.
Last night Dh went through the gas station garbage and found pizza and fries that they threw out at the end of the night. Today the kids were complaining they were hungry and all i had was spaghetti noodles which they have been eating for three days now. I wrote a bad check at the gas station to buy bread milk and hot dogs. I do plan on paying it. My kids are so happy but i feel so guilty.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 11, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Oh honey I'm so sorry: (
bensmommy1
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 10:01 PM
1 mom liked this
That's really sad.
lalaboosh
by on May. 11, 2013 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I wish I could share my food with you!
siennasmamma
by Gold Member on May. 11, 2013 at 10:05 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry. Things will get better as long as you make the effort. It will be a bit easier once you get paid. Just keep pushing and doing what you need to do for your family. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 11, 2013 at 10:10 PM
I'm too ashamed to tell anyone in real life. Thank you for reading.

Quoting Toonkasmommy:

Oh honey I'm so sorry: (
donnag013
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2013 at 10:13 PM

I am so sorry. You did what you had to do. You will be paying them back. So take heart in that. God bless.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 11, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Thank you :) We are states away from family.

Quoting lalaboosh:

I wish I could share my food with you!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 11, 2013 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you, I am trying to look ahead and am already making out a grocery list for Friday :). I appreciate the kind words.

Quoting siennasmamma:

I'm so sorry. Things will get better as long as you make the effort. It will be a bit easier once you get paid. Just keep pushing and doing what you need to do for your family. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 11, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Thank you for understanding. I totally expected to be bashed here.

Quoting donnag013:

I am so sorry. You did what you had to do. You will be paying them back. So take heart in that. God bless.

villagemamma
by Platinum Member on May. 11, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I am so sorry momma. it is rough times these days. I know that it doesnt feel good to do but often people on craigslist are really helpful in these situations. It wouldnt hurt to post an ad and just ask for a few basics.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured