Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I love having a man around.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
He came home today and fixed my dryer. For some reason it wasn't getting hot. I need him to do some other things but I guess I'll have to. He's
busy working and tired. I had to borrow someone else's man to install a garage door opener for me. It's those man things you don't realize they're good for until they're gone. Like changing light bulbs.

What small task are you glad your man does for you?
Posted by Anonymous on May. 11, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jbirdsladie27
by on May. 11, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Where oh where do I start?

Laundry is a good one lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 11, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Dishes. <3

jojo_star
by on May. 11, 2013 at 11:27 PM

So many things. Cooking, doing homework with the kids, mowing the lawn, fixing a door handle, fixing the porch stairs, fixing the garage door. There are a million things that DH does that I am so glad he does. I could do it all, but it's just nice to have someone to share with, the big and the small. But I understand what you mean about him being tired, there have been times I'll have our oldest son do something, just because he has the muscles or the height to do it quicker and better than I can. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 11, 2013 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly I hate taking trash out. It's not that bad but I just don't like it. Every time he's home he'll do it for me. I hate when he's gone and I have to do it.
My man doesn't do laundry though. Except his own. When I quit working though he won't have to do his own. For now I can't do it quick enough for him. Our schedules suck.

Quoting jbirdsladie27:

Where oh where do I start?

Laundry is a good one lol

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on May. 11, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I don't need a man to do anything for me. I am perfectly capable of doing it all by myself.

I just installed our new front porch lights while DH was at work, I installed our garbage disposal, and I've painted most of the rooms in the house too. =D

I am WOMAN!!

Ashley_Carlson
by on May. 11, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Mowing the motherfucking lawn. Lawnmowers and I don't get along well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 11, 2013 at 11:31 PM
Yes. All of that. I'm going to change out an outlet tomorrow. But I do wish he would be home I do it for me. I haven't changed my own oil in years. Lol!
Since he's started worki again (and he's a truck driver now) I have to most of everything myself
Because he's not there and when he is he's tired. So I'm missing havig him around but today was nice.

Quoting jojo_star:

So many things. Cooking, doing homework with the kids, mowing the lawn, fixing a door handle, fixing the porch stairs, fixing the garage door. There are a million things that DH does that I am so glad he does. I could do it all, but it's just nice to have someone to share with, the big and the small. But I understand what you mean about him being tired, there have been times I'll have our oldest son do something, just because he has the muscles or the height to do it quicker and better than I can. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 11, 2013 at 11:33 PM
I can do it all. I just don't want to. I like telling him and he can do it for me. But since he's gone more now I have to do more of it myself.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I don't need a man to do anything for me. I am perfectly capable of doing it all by myself.

I just installed our new front porch lights while DH was at work, I installed our garbage disposal, and I've painted most of the rooms in the house too. =D

I am WOMAN!!

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on May. 11, 2013 at 11:34 PM

I like doing it, makes me feel powerful and strong!! =D

I am also painting the shutters.

Quoting Anonymous:

I can do it all. I just don't want to. I like telling him and he can do it for me. But since he's gone more now I have to do more of it myself.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

I am WOMAN!!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 11, 2013 at 11:35 PM
I actually don't mind mowing too much. now the weed eater is a different story. Although I need to suck it up and do it. He just doesn't have time.

Quoting Ashley_Carlson:

Mowing the motherfucking lawn. Lawnmowers and I don't get along well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN