Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Build A Bear ripoff!

Posted by on May. 11, 2013 at 11:58 PM
  • 35 Replies

my dd's Daisy Scout troop earned a trip to Build A Bear for selling cookies this year. We went today. We have never been so it was a new and exciting thing for my dd...the girls each had $50 to spend. My dd chose a bear for $20, the Daisy Scout uniform for $12.50, a pair of white panties for $2.00, socks for $2.00, a pair of Twinkle Toes tennis shoes for $9.50 and a white tshirt for $5.00, the total should have been $51.00...the girl totaled it up and said we were $16 OVER her budget! I said there was no way and we went over the entire purchase, she had scanned the tags and even tho the price was printed on the tag, 3 items came up higher prices...she was trying to charge $3.50 each for the panties and the socks, and $7.50 for the shirt! That still only totaled up to $56, NOT $66! I got flustered and told her to take off the panties, and we retotaled with me making her actually LOOK at the tags and the total came up to $48....so we caught that...I decided to get my dd one other outfit and one pair of shoes. She chose a dress for $10.50 and a pair of shoes for $7.50...should have been under $20 with 7% sales tax right? WRONG!! The total was $21.50...I was really stressed with all the scouts getting ready to leave so I paid and we left... I get back home, dump her stuff out and look at the reciept..they charged me $12.50 for the damn dress!!! Now usually I would just let it go, but this now made 4 items they over charged me on. I called them and she told me to come back and get a refund, but the place was over an hour away and really?? It would take me more than $2.50 in gas to get there. Made me wonder how many other people are being charged a dollar or two over the price marked and just dont pay attention. I am calling corporate Monday and make them aware of the problem..any one ever have a problem with them like this?

by on May. 11, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Sorry.  I have never had an issue there ever. 

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2013 at 12:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Aww that stinks. They are so outrageously expensive....we have a collection of stuff anyways...I call it investing in future grandkids =D Look it's your daddys teddy bear and all of it's crap err I mean stuff.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 12, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I find wherever I shop that it's important to watch every item rung up.  There's rarely a time that an item isn't rung up at an incorrect price.  Michael's is one of the worst for me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 12, 2013 at 12:10 AM
We never had a problem there and both times the total was around $50. The Last time we were there the woman tried to get us to buy panties but I told my daughter no her bear doesn't need them. When we went to pay the woman commented that we didn't get the panties and I thought that was rude and unprofessional. That was the only issue I had.
Aamy
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Never had that issue and we have take DD there several times. Sorry. 

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 12:14 AM

I am just wondering how many people are getting ripped off and dont know it

CampClan
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 12:25 AM
Haha that's how I feel! I bought my almost 4yo DS a white bear from there when he was 1yo & we named it Cupcake 2 after his daddy's first teddy bear. He use to sleep with it (funny enough both DS & ex LOL) but now DS is attached to this stupid cheap bear her got. At urgent care a year ago when he was in for an ear infection.

Quoting littlesippycup:

Aww that stinks. They are so outrageously expensive....we have a collection of stuff anyways...I call it investing in future grandkids =D Look it's your daddys teddy bear and all of it's crap err I mean stuff.

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 12:28 AM

BUMP!

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 12:29 AM

lol, my dd named her beat Cupcake today~

Quoting CampClan:

Haha that's how I feel! I bought my almost 4yo DS a white bear from there when he was 1yo & we named it Cupcake 2 after his daddy's first teddy bear. He use to sleep with it (funny enough both DS & ex LOL) but now DS is attached to this stupid cheap bear her got. At urgent care a year ago when he was in for an ear infection.

Quoting littlesippycup:

ajdahd13
by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:30 AM
No I didn't have that issue and I was just there a few days ago.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)