Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You used a surrogate, You are not a mother!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies

These words from my grandmothers mouth still burns me, She said them to my aunt who used me as her surrogate. Majority of the family knows about the situation and have accepted it and the child, my grandmother on the other hand has not. Through out my pregnancy she would not have anything to do with me. She thinks it's wrong to carry a child for another family member.

Her and my aunt have never been close. My grandmother gave my aunt up for adoption when she was 6 because her husband HATED her, my late great grandmother adopted my aunt. My grandmother kept my dad and 2 uncles but got rid of my aunt. So the baby is almost a year old and this is my aunts first mothers day. We are both excited to celebrate but tonight I found out I have to work tomorrow so I'm giving both my aunt and my grandmother their gifts early.

When I called my aunt she warned me that my grandmother was at her place visiting, good idea I thought. I planned on giving them both their cards at the same time. I walked in and before I could even speak to anyone my grandmother ask why I hadn't change my clothes (I'm still in my work clothes). I ignore her and go over to my aunt. I handed her a card and gave her a hug. Afterwards I said '' Happy early mothers day''. My grandmother asked ''Mothers day? She's not a mother, you carried the baby!'' Everyone froze and my aunt just broke down. I tried to defend my aunt along with my uncle who kicked my grandmother out.

The child IS my aunts. We used her eggs and her husband sperm, the child does not belong to me by any means, I wish my grandmother would get that through her hard ass head. I talked with my aunt for about 2 hours before leaving and about and hour after I left my grandmother called my aunt adding more fuel to flame. My grandmother told my aunt that it's hard for her to except a child as her's when the baby favor me, WE ALL FUCKING LOOK ALIKE!

My grandmother tried calling me but I don't want to hear anything from her. My dh thinks I should hear her out, for what? For her to torment me too? I won't deal with it but I do hurt for my aunt. I was there when her and husband struggled to conceive, she had no support from the family. Having to use a surrogate does not make you less of a mom!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 12, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tardistraveller
by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:11 AM
4 moms liked this

wow, your grandmother sounds like an awful person.

donnag013
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2013 at 12:11 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree. G'ma has some real issues. Ignore her. Maybe she'll die soon and leave you all in peace.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2013 at 12:12 AM

She is. When I got married she told me she would pay my dh 2k to ditch me at the alter. She didn't think he was husband material. 

Quoting tardistraveller:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2013 at 12:12 AM

WOW-Cold old lady!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2013 at 12:12 AM

You are right. We never speak and when we do she never has anything nice to say. I don't know why my aunt still deals with her. 

Quoting donnag013:

I agree. G'ma has some real issues. Ignore her. Maybe she'll die soon and leave you all in peace.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Very cold. While my aunt was crying my grandmother asked what she had said that was wrong. That was enough to get her ass thrown out. 

Quoting Anonymous:

WOW-Cold old lady!

tardistraveller
by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:14 AM

she sounds toxic.  I would remove her from my life if it were me.

Quoting Anonymous:

She is. When I got married she told me she would pay my dh 2k to ditch me at the alter. She didn't think he was husband material. 

Quoting tardistraveller:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Has it been explained to Gma that its THEIR egg and sperm?? That you only carried the child ??

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Don't worry, she will die soon. And likely alone at the rate she is going hurting her family like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I've tried. I went 4 years without speaking to her and when my grandfather passed we all reconnected with her. We all thought she would change but hasn't apparently.  

Quoting tardistraveller:

she sounds toxic.  I would remove her from my life if it were me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting tardistraveller:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)