Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you go to the ER? edit again

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:52 AM
  • 247 Replies
3 moms liked this
My son got bit by a dog today. Akita. About 5 hours ago, i found out just over an hour ago. The bandaid was soaked through with blood so I changed it and I think it's bad, but no one else seems that concerned. It's still bleeding after several hours and the layer of fat is poking through. My son says his arm hurts really bad. Would you go or am I overreacting?

Edit: the reason I asked is because everyone else told me it was fine. They had my bils mom look at it right after it happened, she's a nurse. But I called to ask exactly what time it happened and they flipped out because they said it was fine and there was no reason to go. It was my Sils dog. She's sending him to a rehabilitation facility and behavior classes. He's up to date on vaccines. My son got his tetanus in January. It's being taken care of though. Thanks for answering.

Edit 2: Since I'm repeating myself I'll just add this, my SIL who owns the dog is taking full responsibility. She's offered to pay the medical bills. She never once said to not take him. She sent him to a rehabilitation facility. He's never bit. My kids have been around this dog since he was a puppy. He will not be around them anymore. It's my mil and fil that were upset that I wanted to take him in because he had been seen by my bils mom, the nurse, and they felt that was good enough. I didn't and so they assumed I was overreacting. The doctor wouldn't stitch it because of the bacteria, but they cleaned it really well, put a better bandage on, gave him antibiotics and told us to watch out for infection. We went to urgent care instead of the ER. I explained to everyone that was pissed off why I felt further action should be taken. My husband calmed down and apologized. He felt guilty. My brother got a bad infection in December that kept him hospitalized for a week. Maybe that made me extra cautious, or whatever. To all of you that feel CPS should be called, fuck you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:53 AM
7 moms liked this

YES! It's bleeding after several hours and a layer of fat is poking through? Why do you even have to ask?

alex815
by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this
I would go
Cooperfamily
by Ashley on May. 12, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Umm yes. I would have been at the er hours ago. Do you know if the dog had its shots?
mlg1989
by ZombieMegg on May. 12, 2013 at 12:53 AM
omg no take him! He shouldnt be bleeding for that long, he probs needs stitches.
thePBandJmom
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 12:54 AM

I would go.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2013 at 12:54 AM
That's what I saying!!! Common sense right.

Quoting PEEK05:

YES! It's bleeding after several hours and a layer of fat is poking through? Why do you even have to ask?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Yes go damn it!!
Buggy979
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Yes and what if the dog has rabies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on May. 12, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Could be infected...

TheLooneyBinMum
by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:54 AM
Yes I would go!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)