Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You know why I'm fat? EDIT 2

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 106 Replies
2 moms liked this

Because the assholes like the ones on cafemom made me feel ashamed to participate in sports or other similar activities while I was only slightly chubby.

After a while I was teased so much for trying to do things when I had a bit of a tummy, that I just sat in my house, terrified to go out.

I developed severe anxiety attacks, I started to wear big, baggy, dark clothes and I stopped smiling or looking people in the eye. I opted out of all the sports and activities I had loved only months before puberty hit.

These changes in my personality had to do 100% with the way I was treated by judgmental skinny people.

Today these deep fears still plague me. Everytime I get motivated to walk or run or jog or swim or join a gym I have anxiety attacks and a renewed depression settles in, because I know that no matter what I do I will always be humiliated until I look exactly like YOU.

I know you will tell me to just get over it and be strong, but I would like you to hold back and just examine what I have said here.

Making an issue out of weight is NEVER helpful. Making people of any age feel less worthy because of the number of fat cells on their body is the lazy way out of making change.

The entire culture of America and other countries like us needs to change before we can blame individuals. I stand by that statement.

My point is, think before you speak, if you actually WANT to make a change. Think before you even give a dirty look. You might ruin someone's chance of being healthy and happy while you're trying to do the exact opposite. 

*So, you're saying that because I blame others, then those people never did anything wrong?

THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! You can't look past the fact that I'm overweight to address the actual problem!

You always blame the victim, causing obesity to perpetuate.

America doesn't stand a chance against a majority like you.

Tragic.

* When I speak with a therapist who acknowledges my pain and the treatment I have received from others I feel 100% renewed in my desires to be my true and best self.

That is when I feel more inclined to be more active.

My entire point was that kindness breeds productive behavior.

The responses here are simply a reflection of the ugliness of the human race, so eager to place blame on anyone but themselves.

You are cruel, unkind people who are, like I already said, NOT bettering mankind and NOT fostering change. 

You will only create more bitter, unhappy, suicidal people.

Please, PLEASE change your opinions regarding this topic because more girls fall into my cycle.

Your opinions don't hold up to reality. Telling people what to think and feel does not make it happen. You have to lovingly encourage their best self.

Think harder!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 12, 2013 at 5:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 12, 2013 at 5:44 AM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 12, 2013 at 5:45 AM
1 mom liked this
I love how people blame others for their problems.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 12, 2013 at 5:47 AM
Oh are you having a fun pity party.

You are the only one who can be blamed for the reason you are fat! If you don't like it get off your ass and do something about it and stop blaming others!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on May. 12, 2013 at 5:47 AM
2 moms liked this
Nobody cares as much as you think they do.

I saw 20+ fat women today and didn't care. I saw 100+ skinny women today and didn't care. And I'm sure they didn't care about me either.

You're beautiful just the way you are.

Self love 2013.
wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 5:47 AM
2 moms liked this
You are the only person you can rely on.

You are the only one that matters.

You are the only one that can place value on the opinions of others.

You are the only one that can change you.
whooperz
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 5:48 AM
Don't blame others for your problems. That's just a cop out. Take some responsibility
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on May. 12, 2013 at 5:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Teasing is never okay BUT at some point you have to take responsibility for your own choices and not blame others. Not taking responsibility for oneself is a huge problem in America. All the exercise in the world doesn't make up for bad eating habits. You will change when you want to change. Hopefully it's soon because your health is suffering. At the end of the day you are fat because that's what you choose for yourself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 12, 2013 at 5:52 AM

Wow

People are fuckin' stupid lol

Yes, you can blame others for your problems.

Stop watching so much TV (no, I don't watch it at all) and think for yourselves.

People do cause the problems other people face. I assume you've never had anxiety or depression. 

Does fear come from trees, or metal, or staring at a scary wall too long?

No, it comes from the pain other people inflict.

For crying out loud.

Use your goddamn brains. 

I know it sounds really pretty to say that being fat and feel sad are all my own fault, but I happen to live in a world full of other people.

My post was pretty damn clear and if you're too stupid to understand it then you have less worth than I do.

Wow.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on May. 12, 2013 at 5:52 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Teasing is never okay BUT at some point you have to take responsibility for your own choices and not blame others. Not taking responsibility for oneself is a huge problem in America. All the exercise in the world doesn't make up for bad eating habits. You will change when you want to change. Hopefully it's soon because your health is suffering. At the end of the day you are fat because that's what you choose for yourself.

Wrong on all accounts. Every one you mentioned.

Try again.

Thanks.

.lovemybebes.
by :) on May. 12, 2013 at 5:53 AM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I'm just gonna keep posting this when people say, "Because the assholes like the ones on cafemom made me feel ashamed to participate in sports or other similar
activities while I was only slightly chubby".
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN