Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You know why I'm fat? EDIT 2

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Because the assholes like the ones on cafemom made me feel ashamed to participate in sports or other similar activities while I was only slightly chubby.

After a while I was teased so much for trying to do things when I had a bit of a tummy, that I just sat in my house, terrified to go out.

I developed severe anxiety attacks, I started to wear big, baggy, dark clothes and I stopped smiling or looking people in the eye. I opted out of all the sports and activities I had loved only months before puberty hit.

These changes in my personality had to do 100% with the way I was treated by judgmental skinny people.

Today these deep fears still plague me. Everytime I get motivated to walk or run or jog or swim or join a gym I have anxiety attacks and a renewed depression settles in, because I know that no matter what I do I will always be humiliated until I look exactly like YOU.

I know you will tell me to just get over it and be strong, but I would like you to hold back and just examine what I have said here.

Making an issue out of weight is NEVER helpful. Making people of any age feel less worthy because of the number of fat cells on their body is the lazy way out of making change.

The entire culture of America and other countries like us needs to change before we can blame individuals. I stand by that statement.

My point is, think before you speak, if you actually WANT to make a change. Think before you even give a dirty look. You might ruin someone's chance of being healthy and happy while you're trying to do the exact opposite. 

*So, you're saying that because I blame others, then those people never did anything wrong?

THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! You can't look past the fact that I'm overweight to address the actual problem!

You always blame the victim, causing obesity to perpetuate.

America doesn't stand a chance against a majority like you.

Tragic.

* When I speak with a therapist who acknowledges my pain and the treatment I have received from others I feel 100% renewed in my desires to be my true and best self.

That is when I feel more inclined to be more active.

My entire point was that kindness breeds productive behavior.

The responses here are simply a reflection of the ugliness of the human race, so eager to place blame on anyone but themselves.

You are cruel, unkind people who are, like I already said, NOT bettering mankind and NOT fostering change. 

You will only create more bitter, unhappy, suicidal people.

Please, PLEASE change your opinions regarding this topic because more girls fall into my cycle.

Your opinions don't hold up to reality. Telling people what to think and feel does not make it happen. You have to lovingly encourage their best self.

Think harder!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 12, 2013 at 5:34 AM
Replies (101-106):
virgochild79
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Really? You are born alone and you die alone so how could you let someone else run your life? You can't blame anything that happens on someone else, especially your weight. You could get a treadmill and work out video's to do in your own home without anyone seeing you. You could change the way you eat as well. Give me a break. We're not 10 here, grow up and take charge of your own life lady. Shame on you!

mrsbrand
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Seriously? You've got to be kidding me. The way you are is no ones fault but your own! Were they wrong for teasing, damn Skippy, but you're just as wrong for not valuing yourself. Quit making excuses and do something about it, I'm always nice when it comes to peoples weight because I struggle with my own. But ffs stop the damn pity party! Self worth comes from your SELF, shocking right?! Do something about it and stop bitching and whining and blaming others.

ETA: I am almost always at least 15 pounds over my ideal weight, but I am SO tired of hearing how the obesity issues in this country are all the skinny peoples fault. Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds op? The country is getting worse because of skinny people? Gimme a break. Skinny people catch hell about their weight too and way less people will defend a skinny person being told to go eat a damn cheeseburger than a big girl being told to push away from the table.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on May. 12, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you that "fat shaming" isn't helpful to most people. When I was in school, there was a boy who endlessly made fun of my weight. He later said he did it because he felt like it would motivate me to lose weight. It didn't. 

However, there comes a time when you have to take responsibility for yourself. You cannot blame other people for the rest of your life. At some point, you have to take a stand and do what's best for you regardless of anything else. 

And, this isn't bashing. I'm very overweight. I could blame it on the kids I grew up with. I could blame it on my parents who told me I was too fat and ugly to ever be loved. I could blame it on a lot of things. And maybe when I was a kid--those people were the biggest ones to blame. But now that I'm an adult, I can't continue to blame them. I've had plenty of opportunity to do something about my weight--I just put it off, and nobody is to blame for that but me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on May. 12, 2013 at 8:56 AM
This was why I got fat in the first place as well. I hit puberty at 7 and started developing breast and put on some weight by the age of 9 and was teased mercilessly for being fat. Which led to me eating my feelings. And getting fatter. I topped out at 280 while pregnant with my second and managed to drop down to 230 before we decided to have our last. I have been doing safe exercises this pregnancy and can't wait to have this baby so I can get into better shape than I have been in my whole adult life. Started exercising around my house and then someone have me some old gym equipment and I can do it at home now with our feeling judged by other peers.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on May. 12, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Also find a new therapist. One who doesn't let you continue to wallow in self pity, or allow you to blame others for your issues.
Quote:

* When I speak with a therapist who acknowledges my pain and the treatment I have received from others I feel 100% renewed in my desires to be my true and best self.

That is when I feel more inclined to be more active.

Destiny907
by on May. 12, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Stop playing the victim.  Get angry instead. Anger is an engery. channel it.   Stop feeling so picked on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)