Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working on Mother's Day...

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 5:42 AM
  • 133 Replies

Getting ready to head out. Gotta be there in about 20 minutes (it's only a 2 min drive). I work 6-11:30 this morning. Wish I had the day off but such is life lol. Who else is working today?

by on May. 12, 2013 at 5:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mistycat95
by on May. 12, 2013 at 5:46 AM

Have a wonderful safe day at work. I work from 8:30pm tonight till 1:30am tomorrow but I don't mind at all. What kinda work do you do? I'm a Baggage Handler AKA Ramp Agent.

horseap
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 5:48 AM

Im working right now!  I get off in 12 min and I will sleep most of "my" day away.

crazy_bitch
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 5:49 AM

I work at McDonald's :/ Hopefully I won't deal with too many assholes today. And at least it's only a 5 1/2 hour day. But still. I hate that job. And it doesn't matter how many times I wash my uniform it still smells like nasty McDonald's food. *sigh*

I shouldn't complain. At least I have a job... albeit a sucky one lol

Quoting Mistycat95:

Have a wonderful safe day at work. I work from 8:30pm tonight till 1:30am tomorrow but I don't mind at all. What kinda work do you do? I'm a Baggage Handler AKA Ramp Agent.

unspecified42
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 5:49 AM
I've been at work since 7am and get off in an hour. I'll be sleeping today and back again tomorrow.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2013 at 5:50 AM
I'm at work now. And have to be back tonight at 6pm. My husband won't even be home today either. Eh. No biggie though.
Mistycat95
by on May. 12, 2013 at 5:51 AM

LOL that is true we must be grateful we have jobs. I love my job other than a few assholes I have to work with LOL but hey I guess that's anywhere we have to work where we will run into those and ewwww I can imagine your uniform probably wouldn't really come out all that clean :( have you tried to find a better job. In fact girl I wouldn't want to be working at Mc Donalds either so I givey ou credit there.

Quoting crazy_bitch:

I work at McDonald's :/ Hopefully I won't deal with too many assholes today. And at least it's only a 5 1/2 hour day. But still. I hate that job. And it doesn't matter how many times I wash my uniform it still smells like nasty McDonald's food. *sigh*

I shouldn't complain. At least I have a job... albeit a sucky one lol

Quoting Mistycat95:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2013 at 5:57 AM
I have to work all day. 11a-7p... suck! We need the money though, which kinda sucks even more because we're broke trying to buy a house all while our transmission died on our vehicle. We are beyond broke. Haha! Such as life.... I am up because my mother's day present from my 6 yr old was puke literally all over the bathroom, herself and in her hair. She needed a shower, I just finished drying her hair and now waiting for her to finish her bread and ginger ale before she goes back to sleep....
beeky
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2013 at 6:00 AM

I'm working 10 - 2 today.

emotionsickness
by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:00 AM
Yeah I wish I could sleep but it's my overnight and afternoon shift as usual every weekend. I leave at 7 am till 2, then I'm here till 10pm :'(

Quoting horseap:

Im working right now!  I get off in 12 min and I will sleep most of "my" day away.

lilmama2be
by Bronze Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:09 AM
I have to work at 9 until noon. Not a huge deal, as DD comes with me, and I work in a gym child care. We will probably do more mothers day projects for the ones who weren't there yesterday. :) it was fun but it KILLED my back the rest of the day-pregnancy and bending over for about 4 hours do not mix...lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured