Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

mirena

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 5:51 AM
  • 15 Replies
I'm going on the mirena but i read online that several people lost fatality and wasn't able to concieve i just had a baby back in july and don't want another for a few years has anyone else been on the mirena and was able to have another child with no problem.. and do you still get utis and yeast infections while on it and was it safe if you did
by on May. 12, 2013 at 5:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TableforSeven
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2013 at 6:04 AM

I have been using more a for 6 years (had the first one the full five years and then got a second one).  I do not plan to go off of it as we are done having babies...so I can't answer your questions about fertility.  But, in all this time I have not had a single UTI or yeast infection (I used to get frequent UTIs, but hhaven't in about 10 years...I have never had a yeast infection).

kit_manson
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 6:06 AM
I didn't have infections, but i had a horrible time with it...
Keara20
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 6:09 AM
I've been off since dec and have been ttc since jan. my cycles are so screwed up now. I didn't have a good experience with it so I don't recommend it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 12, 2013 at 6:58 AM
I had to get the mirena surgically removed. It almost punctured my uterus.
NiCo86
by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:59 AM
I HATED the mirena and after two years of HELL I switched to the paraguard (non hormonal and good for 10-12 years)
Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:11 AM
My Mirena lasted exactly 18 months almost down to the day. I grew to hate it. The first 8 months I had my normal heavy periods lasting 7 days. Then they became lighter, but still lasted 7 days. Suddenly a year after insertion(which was painful as hell btw), my period was too light to be normal. Next one was a bit heavier but still not right. The. They went back to being as light as usual. Until February that is... I woke up one morning and felt like my uterus was going to explode. I was on my period, but it didn't feel like period pains, it literally felt like it was about to explode. I got up to pee thinking maybe I had to pee really bad, and out came my IUD in a big ass blood clot.

We weren't trying or preventing, but I'm usually very fertile... I still haven't popped up pregnant.

I gained weight, my bp rose, I had constant uterine discomfort, and my pms got REALLY bad.

I'm glad it came out. I was about to have it removed anyways just because I hated it.
Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Oh and I never had any infections, but I did lose my strings... They came back down right after I had an u/s that confirmed it was in place.
Toxic.Stardust
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:14 AM

Mirena is evil, but I got pregnant with my second a couple months after I took it out.

Action_Jaxon
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:19 AM
My only complaint is that it interupts our sex life. either its making me cramp really bad after were done or its stabbing him in the penis in action.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 12, 2013 at 7:28 AM
No way... Everyone I know ends up having to get it surgically removed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN