Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Guess what I got for Mothers Day?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My period a freaking week early! Apparently it started in the middle of the night and I think I have now ruined my 2 week old ivory, $130 sheets. Is there any hope on saving these? I am going to wake my husband up so I can strip the bed.
Posted by Anonymous on May. 12, 2013 at 6:20 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2013 at 6:30 AM
My husband had a vasectomy 5 years ago and this is way too much for that. We would love it if we were pregnant, but its not going to happen for us.

Quoting Anonymous:

Implantation bleeding...
LisaSmock
by on May. 12, 2013 at 6:30 AM
My mom always put the sheets in the sink and put ice over them as it melted the stain came out. It works for her. I just then them in the wash on cold. Does your wash ah w ste clean if so use that
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2013 at 6:31 AM
You, too!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yup. Cold water for the peroxide like someone else said. But recently my period appeared out of nowhere, tried to kill me, and destroy every pair of underwear I had. I usually use peroxide but ran out and the oxyclean works well. Remember not to dry them til you know it's all clean. And get to it ASAP.

Oh, happy mothers day!

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks! I am willing to try anything!

Quoting Anonymous:

If it won't damage them peroxide gets blood out and I've had great luck with oxyclean and hot water. Run it in real good then let it soak an hot or two.

-Legs-
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2013 at 6:32 AM
Oxyclean. Peroxide.

I got melted crayons out of white pants once. I used a mix of oxy clean, borax, and peroxide.
-Legs-
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2013 at 6:33 AM
Haha. What? You werent looking for a diagnosis?

Quoting Anonymous:

My husband had a vasectomy 5 years ago and this is way too much for that. We would love it if we were pregnant, but its not going to happen for us.

Quoting Anonymous:

Implantation bleeding...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2013 at 6:33 AM
Yes, i have a steam clean function. I will try that if soaking in the peroxide doesn't work. Thanks!

Quoting LisaSmock:

My mom always put the sheets in the sink and put ice over them as it melted the stain came out. It works for her. I just then them in the wash on cold. Does your wash ah w ste clean if so use that
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2013 at 6:35 AM
Lol, no.

Quoting -Legs-:

Haha. What? You werent looking for a diagnosis?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Implantation bleeding...

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Also, I just started using Bac-Out (made by BioKleen) on our cloth diapers and supposedly its awesome on stains. Might be worth a try.

Quoting Anonymous:

You too mama! My husband is being super great and throwing them in some water with peroxide right now.

Quoting Anonymous:

): I second the peroxide. Its amazing. Sorry and happy mother's day!

LisaSmock
by on May. 12, 2013 at 12:39 PM
I think if you soak it you will bleach out the color

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, i have a steam clean function. I will try that if soaking in the peroxide doesn't work. Thanks!

Quoting LisaSmock:

HunnyBabie
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2013 at 12:45 PM

The way I get blood out of anything is peroxide.  I found that, if I wet the blood stain with peroxide, then leave it alone for a while (couple hours, give or take) and then wet it again, and continue repeating, eventually the peroxide disolves all the blood.  I would do sheets in a tub (bath tub, storage tote, whatever's large enough to hold them).

I read some of the other posts; I don't use water until the peroxide is done doing its job; then I wash as usual (because all the blood is gone).

Sorry to hear Aunt Flow picked the wrong day to visit this month!!! :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)