Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Measles??? Help!

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:48 AM
  • 16 Replies

Mobile Photo

My baby girl ran a fever for about three days, I figured it was teething cause of her snotty nose and all that, she had a tiny cough as well but nothing really concerning. I treated her like anyone would a kid with a fever, plenty of fluids, tried to keep her comfy. And lots of love and snuggled. And true to bring her fever down a little. Well that is all over now, but now she has these little red dots all over her body! My mom said it might have been measles or three day measles. What do you think?
by on May. 12, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:49 AM
Bump
kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:50 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 12, 2013 at 7:52 AM
might be roseola with the fever...
SuDoNim
by Silver Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Measles is usually more blotchy-looking. One of my kids had rubella (three day measles) and there were a lot more spots, right from the start. Honestly, it could be any random viral rash, but if she's still running a fever, I would have her checked out just to be on the safe side.

ilana_ny
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:56 AM
No, I don't think it is Measels. It maybe be Roseola, no biggie :-) I don't thing you need to worry, but check with the Dr regardless.
kmorales7690
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:58 AM
No more fever or the past two days, just a rash, and she's been sleepy. But sleepy is normal after having a fever

Quoting SuDoNim:

Measles is usually more blotchy-looking. One of my kids had rubella (three day measles) and there were a lot more spots, right from the start. Honestly, it could be any random viral rash, but if she's still running a fever, I would have her checked out just to be on the safe side.

GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:58 AM

never had measles or three day. My kids sometimes get a rash like that (it is contained and not full body) when they have a virus/fever. I would take her to the dr though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 12, 2013 at 7:58 AM
My son had the exact same symptoms. Its not measles - there are many rash/fever viruses out there. He has been over the fever for ten days, but the rash is still there.

BTW... measles and three day measles are the same thing. 'Three day measles' is a nickname due to how long the rash lasts.
tossed
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Really hard to tell from the photo. It does not appear to be measles...but can't really tell from the photo.

zoegirlsmom
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 8:17 AM

I had measles a couple years ago, it was much brighter and closer together. But the worst part was my neck was swollen and sore, hard to turn my head. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)