Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Teens that smoke cigarettes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 103 Replies

Do any of you have kids that smoke cigarettes?  Do you let them smoke at home?  My 16 year old smokes and although I don't like it, my hub and I have agreed to let her smoke at home and not have to go out and sneak around.  How have you handled it with your kids?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 12, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on May. 12, 2013 at 8:37 AM

My kids aren't to that point yet, but I wouldn't let them smoke at home.  I'm asthmatic, so it would be very hazardous to me.  But that's just me.

christina0607
by on May. 12, 2013 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this
There is no way in hell I would allow my teen to smoke in around or anywhere near my home or me.

I'm sorry but I can't even begin to fathom a reason you would allow it. Smoking will kill you. It will cause cancer. It will continue to rot her lungs until she can't breath properly.

Wise up a little and stand up for her health.
GOBryan
by on May. 12, 2013 at 8:44 AM

No one in my home smokes, thank God. I can't stand it. Nasty habit. My stepson smokes but he's in Ohio. He's now 20 but has been smoking for a long time. I would simply tell him to do it outside. Not in my house. 

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2013 at 8:44 AM
No way would I ever allow my kids to smoke. He/she wouldn't ve allowed to go anywhere if I thought they were sneaking around smoking either. I have talked about it with my kids. My neighbor allows her oldest daughter to smoke. Both parents smoke and the daughter went through a wild phase. She has straightened up and doesn't do any of the stuff she used to do except the smoking.
NiCo86
by on May. 12, 2013 at 8:46 AM
hell no!! I'd flip shit on them!!!!! if they chose to continue to smoke ILLEGALLY they better find some way for me to NEVER know about it ... an this mama has a super Sniffer!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on May. 12, 2013 at 9:01 AM

My oldest smokes, I've handled it about the same as you.  I smoke, and did at her age, so I'd feel a little hypicritical telling her no, grounding her, or making a big deal out of it.

GarysWife1991
by on May. 12, 2013 at 9:08 AM

My dh is an ex smoker (he dips now), I smoke.  My 16 year old started and we do let her smoke at home.  I know how addicting it is and once they get hooked they have to want to quit on their own.  I don't like it that she smokes but not sure there is much we can do at this point.

Lucky2haveLiam
by on May. 12, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Kind of how it happened with my sister and I. It sucks but they're gonna get a hold of ciggarettes if they want, my parents simply said "we wont buy them for you, don't ask, and I dont want to see it" once some one starts smoking cigs they have to want to stop for it to work. Good luck hon, mine is only 2 so Im no where close to that delima

MalakbelLacuna
by on May. 12, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Oh honey its ok to blacken your lungs and encourage cancer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on May. 12, 2013 at 9:18 AM
This takes the 'I let them do it at home so they don't have to sneak around' cake. How would it ever be detrimental to your teen to have to go away from you to smoke? It's not illegal...This is you straight up condoning something that everyone knows is terrible for her health.

This isn't like having to have sex in a car, or something stupid like that. This is you giving the ok for your teen to slowly kill herself. I'm sure she'll be really thankful twenty years from now....be a fucking parent
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN