Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teens that smoke cigarettes

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Do any of you have kids that smoke cigarettes?  Do you let them smoke at home?  My 16 year old smokes and although I don't like it, my hub and I have agreed to let her smoke at home and not have to go out and sneak around.  How have you handled it with your kids?

Posted by Anonymous on May. 12, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Replies (101-103):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 14, 2013 at 12:08 AM
I started smoking with my dad when I was around 14 or 15. My dad grew up in a generation where smoking wasn't the devil, and it wasn't illegal for teens to smoke. He used to tell me stories about how when he was in high school his mom would give him a quarter every day. That quarter was enough to buy gas for his car, a pack of cigarettes, and lunch at the hamburger joint. That's how old my dad is, lol.
SweeetPeaa
by on May. 14, 2013 at 6:01 PM

No. My daughter will not smoke around me, I won't have it. I don't smoke. 
It's gross.  

arwalters
by Bronze Member on May. 15, 2013 at 2:30 AM
That is how my parents handled it with me. I did quit with both pregnancies but always ended up starting again a couple yrs later. Wish I'd never started but teens def don't listen, lol. I would've snuck around if they had banned it, so I think preferred knowing where I was & having me close. I wish I knew a way to keep them away from it altogether
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured