Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Clear this up for me please.

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 10:59 AM
  • 57 Replies
2 moms liked this
Question...

If you celebrate Mother's Day, what do you expect to happen?

Me personally, its just another day. My kids still fight with each other. They still wake up hungry and wanting breakfast right away. My 1.5 y/o is still whiny and needy.

My daughter made me a gift at school which I prefer over any bought gift. Hubby is paying to get my hair done. I dont ask for anything and I dont expect anything it just happens. I see so many women who expect to get a day "off". I dont understand that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 12, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MilkLover0203
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2013 at 11:00 AM
My three sons got me up at six, I still made and poured the coffee, made pancakes for my minions and did the dishes. Same old shit.
justpeachy71904
by peachy on May. 12, 2013 at 11:00 AM
I don't expect anything but to spend the entire day with my family uninterrupted

Period
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 12, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I let DH sleep in today. He was feeling sick yesterday and has to work this afternoon. 

The kids got me up at 6am after I worked until midnight. I am really tired but I am not upset that nothing is going on today. I love my kids. I didn't have them so I could get stuff. 

And anyone that would make their sick DH get up because it is Mother's Day would be considered selfish.

SuperMom2433
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 11:03 AM
I dont understand when this day became this holiday where women are pampered and expect their men and kids to get them gifts galore and not asked to do one single thing the whole day. Its a day to celebrate that you're a mother.

Quoting MilkLover0203:

My three sons got me up at six, I still made and poured the coffee, made pancakes for my minions and did the dishes. Same old shit.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BestestMom11
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Today is the same for us as any other day. I don't expect anything, except the norm.

But dd & DH show appreciation pretty much all the time, so the norm is good.
Fistandantalus
by on May. 12, 2013 at 11:04 AM

I work 12 hour days five days a week, I expect Sunday off anyway.

armywifey26
by Krissy on May. 12, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I expect at least one "Happy Mother's Day. I love you"

SuperMom2433
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Im a little bummed because hubby has to work for a little bit but it's not all day. I feel the same way you do.

Quoting justpeachy71904:

I don't expect anything but to spend the entire day with my family uninterrupted

Period

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I really just want to hear, "Happy Mother's Day"

Other than that it's just another day.  My son told me Happy Mother's Day this morning followed by.."What'd you get me mama??"   .. Clearly he doesn't quite get the concept.. hahahaha

My DH got me a mother's ring this year though! Although it still hasn't arrived..  :( lol

mom2many747
by Momma Duck on May. 12, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Just another say. I think the kids get excited bc they get to present me with gifts they made so I say It's a say for the kids lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN