Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

HAHA BioMom got burrrrned by her own daughter!! **UPDATE**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 136 Replies
16 moms liked this

I'm sorry but I have to laugh because BioMom made an ass out of herself last night.

Dh has had custody since DSD was 3. And I've been a part of her life for almost that long.
Her BioMom is very inconsistant and has actually disappeared for over a year at a time on 2 different occasions and gives no explination to DSD just shows up like nothing happened.

Anyway she called last night (as usual) and started buggin DSD right off about "did you make any projects at school" blah blah blah hinting at mother's day. Finally DSD said that she made a project at school for ME for mother's day!! I was so flattered!! I didn't expect anything and I think its so sweet that she would make me something!!

BioMom is mad now...she got off the phone immediately. I don't feel sorry for her one bit...this is what happens when you abandon your child and leave it up to other people to raise them. Eventually the kids realize that you kind of suck.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the mother's out there...whether you're biomom's, step mom's foster mom's or something in between..if you're the one there taking care of the kids daily then you're a mom and even if no one says it you are MUCH appreciated!!!

UPDATE:
I have never once said anything bad about biomom and we do NOT talk badly about her in this house. I have not heard her talk badly about her mom either. I don't think she did this out of anger towards her mom...I think she did it because She's around me every day and I play the "mom role" so it made more sense in her mind to make me a present than a woman she never sees.
I refuse to make her feel bad about her decision...if she wants to make her mom something she can we never told her not to. But I will not FORCE her to make her mom something just so her mom doesn't feel bad.

I'm confused by a lot of the comments stating that my step daughter was being disrepsectful. I don't understand how NOT making her a present is disrespectful. Her mother never would have known she hadn't made her anything if she hadn't harrassed her about it on the phone. In my opinion that was out of line...if you receive a present you say thank you. You don't ask "what did you get me" thats just rude and I find THAT disrespectful. I should also mention that my step daughter made something for her grandmother as well...so she absolutely made the choice to leave her mother out and I won't make her feel like she did something wrong

Oh...and her bio mom has 2 other kids too..she doesn't have custody of them either and hasn't seen either  of them in over 8yrs..so keep telling me how I'm being "mean" to her. Don't feel bad for her...feel bad for the kids she's abandoned and were raised by step parents, foster parents and grand parents (not dh's kids but we tried to get custody)

Posted by Anonymous on May. 12, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2013 at 1:45 PM
12 moms liked this
Your mean for allowing her to be hateful toward her mom regardless of her being imperfect. maybe you should help her make something for the women who gave birth to her and let her know how to respect her elders.

Guess what if you don't agree with me I don't care you are all the problem with today's society and all these bratty little kids. I'm not going through trying to reply to you psychos any more.
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on May. 12, 2013 at 1:45 PM
1 mom liked this

JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on May. 12, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Hmmm... Story sound like the reverse of oceans story..
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2013 at 1:48 PM
10 moms liked this
I disagree. If it was adeadbeat dad would you say the same? After he took off for a year multiple times with no contact? My mom was like that growing up and my mom knows i care about my stepmom because she raised me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your mean for allowing her to be hateful toward her mom regardless of her being imperfect. maybe you should help her make something for the women who gave birth to her and let her know how to respect her elders.

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on May. 12, 2013 at 1:49 PM
4 moms liked this

There was nothing hateful about telling her that she made a mother's day gift for her step mother.her.  If she doesn't WANT to make a gift for the woman then she shouldn't have too. It is not disrespectful not to give someone something for mother's day. Its not a necessity.

Quoting Anonymous:

sthflachk
by on May. 12, 2013 at 1:49 PM
2 moms liked this
I can't stand my ex but I will always make sure my dd brings him something for Fathers Day during his visitation. Smh
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2013 at 1:49 PM
2 moms liked this
You sound like a really great person. *cough* *cough*
Wicked.Jester
by on May. 12, 2013 at 1:49 PM
15 moms liked this

I completely disagree.  As a mother of adopted and step children...and having helped them through constant struggles with absentee bio parents and abandonment issues....the HEALTHY thing to do is to let her express her feelings, whatever they may be, the way she chooses to do so as long as she is not destructive to herself or others.

The stepmom should not encourage or discourage these feelings, and it doesn't sound like she is.  Neutral support for the feelings this child JUSTIFIABLY has is what she needs.

Why does a woman who shows up once in a blue moon deserve respect from this child?  Anyone can birth a baby.  It takes a special person to be a MOTHER.  Her incubator is NOT a mother.

I have experience raising 4 children who deal with this.  How many have you raised?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 12, 2013 at 1:50 PM
My step dad raised me. My mom still taught me to have respect for my dad when he decided to come around. Why would my mind change based on mom or dad?

Quoting Anonymous:

I disagree. If it was adeadbeat dad would you say the same? After he took off for a year multiple times with no contact? My mom was like that growing up and my mom knows i care about my stepmom because she raised me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I don't see how I'm being mean...I didnt' tell her NOT to make something for her mom...and it was totally her decision to make me something for mother's day. I don't think she's being hateful to the woman that has abandoned her on multiple occasions. She's just finally old enough to realize her mom isn't a very nice woman.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)