Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

HAHA BioMom got burrrrned by her own daughter!! **UPDATE**

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I'm sorry but I have to laugh because BioMom made an ass out of herself last night.

Dh has had custody since DSD was 3. And I've been a part of her life for almost that long.
Her BioMom is very inconsistant and has actually disappeared for over a year at a time on 2 different occasions and gives no explination to DSD just shows up like nothing happened.

Anyway she called last night (as usual) and started buggin DSD right off about "did you make any projects at school" blah blah blah hinting at mother's day. Finally DSD said that she made a project at school for ME for mother's day!! I was so flattered!! I didn't expect anything and I think its so sweet that she would make me something!!

BioMom is mad now...she got off the phone immediately. I don't feel sorry for her one bit...this is what happens when you abandon your child and leave it up to other people to raise them. Eventually the kids realize that you kind of suck.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the mother's out there...whether you're biomom's, step mom's foster mom's or something in between..if you're the one there taking care of the kids daily then you're a mom and even if no one says it you are MUCH appreciated!!!

UPDATE:
I have never once said anything bad about biomom and we do NOT talk badly about her in this house. I have not heard her talk badly about her mom either. I don't think she did this out of anger towards her mom...I think she did it because She's around me every day and I play the "mom role" so it made more sense in her mind to make me a present than a woman she never sees.
I refuse to make her feel bad about her decision...if she wants to make her mom something she can we never told her not to. But I will not FORCE her to make her mom something just so her mom doesn't feel bad.

I'm confused by a lot of the comments stating that my step daughter was being disrepsectful. I don't understand how NOT making her a present is disrespectful. Her mother never would have known she hadn't made her anything if she hadn't harrassed her about it on the phone. In my opinion that was out of line...if you receive a present you say thank you. You don't ask "what did you get me" thats just rude and I find THAT disrespectful. I should also mention that my step daughter made something for her grandmother as well...so she absolutely made the choice to leave her mother out and I won't make her feel like she did something wrong

Oh...and her bio mom has 2 other kids too..she doesn't have custody of them either and hasn't seen either  of them in over 8yrs..so keep telling me how I'm being "mean" to her. Don't feel bad for her...feel bad for the kids she's abandoned and were raised by step parents, foster parents and grand parents (not dh's kids but we tried to get custody)

Posted by Anonymous on May. 12, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Replies (131-136):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 3:44 AM

I've never forced my daughter to make anything for her bio father. For all the crap I get for being over controlling (on here) If I was truly over controlling she would be making him or buying him something every year. She has never wanted to speak to him again for the way he abanoned her and I don't blame her. She is polite if he calls but most of the time tends to screen her calls and ignore him. It's her choice. But - I know that if the situation was reversed and it was her burning bio dad then all these moms would be applauding her and saying "good girl for knowing what's a good man and what's a douchebag" or something of the like. Double standards are stupid.

smurfbitebug
by on May. 13, 2013 at 3:49 AM
... this seems like the counter post to the chick with the eight year old daughter who is pissed at the ex's gf over gifts other people chose to give her.
mymanben
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2013 at 3:49 AM
Sounds like when I grew up but with my dad. He always called on holidays expecting something but he was never around so I always made something for who my mom was with
Sammybby09
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2013 at 3:55 AM
Well that's the moms fault for not being there for her child. Its not like she did it to make her mom angry/sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MilkLover0203
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 3:55 AM
You're not being mean. Your husbands daughter wasn't being disrespectful. Don't put so much thought into these people's opinions. Even mine. You don't need to defend yourself. It's great she has someone to help raise her when her mother decides to take off on the longest vacation ever. In California, if the parent goes a year or more with no contact with the child, their rights are gone. It's not that way where you are?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on May. 13, 2013 at 4:10 AM
1 mom liked this
I am very shocked by a lot of these women. It's not like the kid got on the phone and said "yo bitch I didn't make you shit because your a worthless piece of crap, i made a gift for my new mommy who said you suck at life". And it's not like step mom was talking crap either. The kid is old enough to have her own thoughts/feelings about bio-mom.
I think you rock for stepping in where bio mom is not! It takes a lot to raise a child that is not biologically yours, you deserve the Mother's Day gift so kudos. As for bio mom she made her bed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)