Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

To all you Mother's Day cry babies!!!

Posted by on May. 12, 2013 at 4:35 PM
  • 97 Replies
25 moms liked this
Mother's Day is NOT about getting gifts because you already have gifts, YOUR KIDS! It's not about getting breakfast in bed it's about enjoying time with your children they are after all the reason's you are a mother in the first place. Youre SO/DF/DH or whatever are not required by any means to do anything special for you, you're not their mother! It's their job to celebrate the woman who gave them life. If your kids, family members and SO do something sweet for you it's because they wanted to not because it's a requirement. So grow up and enjoy the fact that you are a mother, that you're a strong woman who is the backbone to her family, without you your family wouldn't be whole. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!
by on May. 12, 2013 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
not.atyou
by on May. 12, 2013 at 4:36 PM
33 moms liked this
Why is it not ok with you chicks for a woman to feel hurt because her family didn't recognize mother's day?

I mean, really? Why is that not ok?
emmypaige
by on May. 12, 2013 at 4:37 PM
Aghh these posts. are you new?
cymkare
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 4:37 PM
8 moms liked this

I disagree. I think that your SO and children if they are old enough should show their appreciation and love. It's a day to celebrate you! 

CafeMom Tickers

jamamama00
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2013 at 4:37 PM
14 moms liked this

News Flash: You don't get to decide what Mother's Day is and isn't about.

Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Shh.

Just shh.

acook0331
by on May. 12, 2013 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this

AMEN!!!

heathermarie23
by on May. 12, 2013 at 4:38 PM
4 moms liked this

Spent my mother's day watching movies and eating pizza with my boys!  

bchic24
by Gold Member on May. 12, 2013 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not complaining about the no gifts, I'm complaining about the bedrest lol. I would have like to go out with my son to enjoy the day with him.
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on May. 12, 2013 at 4:40 PM
16 moms liked this

Cause once we become a wife & a mother she shall not ever EVER have feelings again. EVER!!!! ;)

Quoting not.atyou:

Why is it not ok with you chicks for a woman to feel hurt because her family didn't recognize mother's day?

I mean, really? Why is that not ok?

"Sing it out, sing it out, take what is left of me & make it a melody, Sing it out, sing out loud, cant' find the words to sing, You 'd be my remedy, my soul, my soul, I'll sing with what's left of me" Switchfoot

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on May. 12, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Yep so missing the aunt and grandma who took me in after my mom died is not a reason to be down, missing mom couldn't be either.

Then top it off by the husband being an ass, and see if you just don't want the fucking holiday to be over.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN