Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

are any of you single mothers to young boys? or ever were..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
Did it effect your son to not have a his father? If he had a male role model, was it enough?

My DS is still a toddler and his Dads not in his life. Im worried he may grow up feeling unmanly or not knowing how to do 'manly' things..
Posted by Anonymous on May. 12, 2013 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:52 PM

I was for a few years. I know how to do a lot of the "manly" stuff so between me and my brother he's turning out pretty well :)

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Explain exactly what "manly" things he isn't going to know how to do?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2013 at 7:54 PM
this may sound strange, but my friends parents are like second parents to me. they consider my son their 'grandson.'

her dad is the typical man. fishing, hunting, car type of a guy. so that's his male role model.

I just hope its enough.

Quoting Zazayam:

I was for a few years. I know how to do a lot of the "manly" stuff so between me and my brother he's turning out pretty well :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Idk. I mean like.. fishing (I hate it).. working on cars.. knowing how to be a good dad, since he doesn't have one.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

lalaballet
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:55 PM
My dad was really involved.
CampClan
by Platinum Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:56 PM
My oldest DS is 17. My exH is not his bioddad but since before he was born exH always thought of DS as his son (and yes, he knows- we got together after I got pregnant).

After exH & I had 3 kids of our own (2 girls & a boy) exH had an affair & I kicked him out. So the younger DS had his dadd living with us for 2 years before the affair.

During the separation we had another DS. He has never had daddy live with him. I think it has efeected the youngest more because he never wants daddy to leave. And now that there is another son (ex had a 2nd affair which resulted in a son 2 years younger than my youngest) it's even harder. DS sees that daddy lives with his little brother & the half brother's mommy & he wants that too.
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on May. 12, 2013 at 7:57 PM

Not every man needs to know how to do those things. My husband couldn't work on a car to save his life, he has other talents. LOL.

He doesn't need a man to teach him how to be a good father, he needs a stable parent to show him the way.

I wouldn't worry about him. He is going to be just fine.

Quoting Anonymous:

Idk. I mean like.. fishing (I hate it).. working on cars.. knowing how to be a good dad, since he doesn't have one.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

PestPatti
by on May. 12, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I was a for a short time.  My oldest son has always had good male role models.  My dad, my hubby and my brothers.   

Oddly my son has more in common with is step father, than my youngest has with is dad. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2013 at 8:05 PM
That's what im afraid of. :'(

Or that my DS will feel like he's not good enough. His 'dad' lives with his girlfriend and her kid.

I don't want him to feel like "oh he can raise a kid that isn't his, but he can't be apart of mine."

Quoting CampClan:

My oldest DS is 17. My exH is not his bioddad but since before he was born exH always thought of DS as his son (and yes, he knows- we got together after I got pregnant).

After exH & I had 3 kids of our own (2 girls & a boy) exH had an affair & I kicked him out. So the younger DS had his dadd living with us for 2 years before the affair.

During the separation we had another DS. He has never had daddy live with him. I think it has efeected the youngest more because he never wants daddy to leave. And now that there is another son (ex had a 2nd affair which resulted in a son 2 years younger than my youngest) it's even harder. DS sees that daddy lives with his little brother & the half brother's mommy & he wants that too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on May. 12, 2013 at 8:05 PM
Thank you.. that's just my exs excuse. He didn't have a dad so he doesn't know how to be one.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Not every man needs to know how to do those things. My husband couldn't work on a car to save his life, he has other talents. LOL.

He doesn't need a man to teach him how to be a good father, he needs a stable parent to show him the way.

I wouldn't worry about him. He is going to be just fine.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)